OHIO TRADERS!!!

I'm near Portsmouth and Jackson Ohio... I can't find anyone around here with Silkies! And that's the kind of chicks I want :(
Anyone around here?? Let me know!

I am selling off all of my red cochin bantams. They are brooding too often for me, and I need egg layers. NPIP 31-1117. There is one rooster, 4 hens. Two hens are frizzled. Feather quality isn't that great with 3/4 being broody, and last is being overbred by the rooster. The broodies have two chicks currently between them, and I think I have a couple of juveniles to throw in too, not sure I would have to check my brooder. Price is for the breeding stock, plus chicks if you wa...nt them. They are about a year old now, maybe a couple months older than that, but hatched last fall. No separating them. No shipping, its too hot. Pick up only in Lebanon Ohio. $125 for the group

This is still in project stage, so not all are dark enough yet, and not to type, they need a good buff bred to them to help with type.

Would consider trades of NPIP birds like polish and silkies of good type, or partial trades of younger(~20 weeks) Isa Brown type birds (which I value at $10 a piece, so about 10-12 for complete trade)
Located in Lebanon Ohio, 45036. $125 for the group

Hi! I am in NE Ohio. Chardon Area. I recently got four Mottled Cochin Bantams from Meyer Hatchery. They were st run. I am pretty sure 2 of them are roos. I already have a silkie roo and maybe another I picked up from the bargin bin. No way I can keep them all. They are only about 2 weeks old. Would love them to go to a good home. For FREE! You are welcome to have them before the kids get too attached. Also am in need of hens. Not too picky....except I prefer bantams...love Cochins!

Hi! I am in NE Ohio. Chardon Area. I recently got four Mottled Cochin Bantams from Meyer Hatchery. They were st run. I am pretty sure 2 of them are roos. I already have a silkie roo and maybe another I picked up from the bargin bin. No way I can keep them all. They are only about 2 weeks old. Would love them to go to a good home. For FREE! You are welcome to have them before the kids get too attached. Also am in need of hens. Not too picky....except I prefer bantams...love Cochins!

I unfortunately don't have any bantams but as wondering where about in Chardon you are. I'm also in Chardon.
You could also try asking about rooster rehoming and getting hens on the Northeast Ohio Farming Stuff buy sell trade on Facebook.

Actually in Chesterland....not sure I'll be able to give them away anyway. Kids have already become attached. We will just have to play it by ear. Hopefully the roosters establish their pecking order and get along. Ha...probably dreaming! I don't have room for more hens, unless we get rid of the roosters. But we do hope to add another coop in a year or two, so we will just have to see how it goes. **fingers crossed**

I'm looking for some frizzle, sizzle, or mostly silkie variety color very young chicks if anyone has some. I'm in Newark, OH

Hi There,

We would love to join in the Ohio group. We live in Middletown, Ohio, which is a couple of hours away.

We specialize in breeding Australorps, Black, Blue and Splash.

Right now, we have too many Roosters, and we are selling a Blue Rooster and a Splash Rooster.
Both are nine months old, and pure bred. They have great personalities, and are great roosters.
You can see our roosters on our profile page. (Backyard Chickens wont let me attach.)
BluRoo Farm OH.

Anyone interested feel free to call, text or e-mail. Cell (513-716-0504. E-mail: [email protected].

Thanks,
Tara

I'm near Portsmouth and Jackson Ohio... I can't find anyone around here with Silkies! And that's the kind of chicks I want :(
Anyone around here?? Let me know!
I had to do some traveling from my neck of the woods but did build my first flock of silkies last week between 3 different towns and 2 days. I covered mostly southwest Ohio, and then Indian Lake area. Keep your eye on Craigslist for sure that is how I found everyone, along with one from ebay that sells eggs, but I talked to her about her hatchlings too. My first flock of silkies is a nice variety of colors and stepping stone ages from a few days to 1 month.....and I sure hope this 1-month-old doesn't end up being a roo because she is just wonderful, so don't be afraid of 1-month-olds at all. I have a total of 9 chicks :)

Last edited:
We specialize in Swedish Flower Hens, Silveruud's Blues (formerly called Isbars) 1st imports,& Silver Ameraucanas (blue eggs).
Our list is growing each day.

Swedish Flower Hen

Silverudd's Blues lay green eggs. Great layers great feed conversion.

You can visit our farm page:
https://www.facebook.com/BartelFarmsEggsandChickens/
Or contact me at 937) 371-1532

Back
Top Bottom