***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Well I bowed out of the auction after about 2 1/2 hours with 4 small kids. They were really good all things considered. Came home with some barred rock chicks and some NN chicks- my son has been begging for them ever since our first auction visit. We will probably end up keeping one just for him. Also got another big incubator- why I need to incubate 600 eggs altogether is beyond me but woohoo I can! Going to need some more brooders!!! LOL. Actually my other sportsman is almost always full with chicks I am hatching and selling so I needed more space as I have a bunch of birds coming into lay in the next few months.

Quote:
My rock does not have a red or raw vent, she had dried poo on her feathers, but was NOT stinky. I have just been through a case of gleet and this is not it. Thanks for the help though... feel free to let me know if you have any other ideas. Egg yolk perin... seems like it fits, but she is not acting ill at all. It did not seem as though you can actually diagnosis this without doing an necropsy.

What breed of chicken is this? Easter Egger or ameracuna? Lays a green egg
She looks like some of my mixed americaunas. That isn't an Americauna coloring, ut she sure is pretty

wee.gif
one of my Cochins girls started laying again!
Congrats. Happy for you, you're so cute bouncing around like that
big_smile.png

MJ..Congratulations on the laying hen.

My two white hens were sitting together today under the 10 hole nest box...they prefer to lay on the ground.

Today's pictures:
The Delaware Cock admires his chicks and then begins to help feed them

Now listen closely about feeder etiquette and meet the huge family....Dad, Aunts and big sisters.

Practicing our newly learned skills....

Finally all seven chicks under the Wyandotte hen,,3 Cochins, 2 Wyandotte, 1 Buckeye and 1 Cochin/Wyandotte

I think this one's name has to be Piggy

This cow had this little heifer three times today...every time she got up, she had her rear to the wind..... lol
the cow in the foreground in the second picture is a really big heavy bred cow enjoying the sunshine.

She is really sacked out...did not move until we started to leave.
Such great pics and perfect and imaginative descriptions. I took my three hens with chicks out of their cages and put them in the brooder pen. A few fights. Kinda scary. I layed down in there until 10 tonight and they are now sort of social. They will eat and drink together, but get mighty protective over their kids. They did seem happy to run around and flap their wings though.

they sure can- my Jet was real good with them

That picture says more than a thousand words. Awesome.

MJ..Congratulations on the laying hen.

My two white hens were sitting together today under the 10 hole nest box...they prefer to lay on the ground.

Today's pictures:
The Delaware Cock admires his chicks and then begins to help feed them

Now listen closely about feeder etiquette and meet the huge family....Dad, Aunts and big sisters.

Practicing our newly learned skills....

Finally all seven chicks under the Wyandotte hen,,3 Cochins, 2 Wyandotte, 1 Buckeye and 1 Cochin/Wyandotte

I think this one's name has to be Piggy

This cow had this little heifer three times today...every time she got up, she had her rear to the wind..... lol
the cow in the foreground in the second picture is a really big heavy bred cow enjoying the sunshine.

She is really sacked out...did not move until we started to leave.
I love all your pictures of you birds and cows. I so want a cow but am looking into getting a mini cow like a Dexter that is dual purposed.

What breed of chicken is this? Easter Egger or ameracuna? Lays a green egg
I agree with the Easter Egger vote. Color is not a solid color which is supposedly an ameraucana is to be one color only.. ???

I now have close to 40 chicks in my house and my husband is about to kill me because of the smell. Anyone put their babies on pine chips at a few days old? I usually use paper towels but unexpectedly 16 chicks (that I hatched for a friend) are stayin for a little while and I'm not set up for all these babies ( as far as smell goes lol).
Changing the litter out a couple of time a day and getting a watering system set up that will not add moisture to the water.

I'm fairly new to this site and obviously addicted lol.

I've been away for a couple weeks and sooo much has gone on! First.. how about that crazy wind!?!? Oh my! Just to vent a little because no one else seems to really understand the depth of my anxiety over the situation...
he.gif

We have a 24 foot square building that has tin on the north side and the top, well lets just say the wind picked the whole thing up with about 12 very pricey peafowl inside and rolled it end over end 4 times right through our pasture fence, freeing every peabird, about 80 head of cows and their calves and 4 very tame horses that instantly turned into wild broncs, all while breaking a few peafowl legs. WOW.

What an evening last night trying to put that all back together. Still missing a few birds, got all the 4 legged back into the pasture and got the building set back where it goes, and guess I will be playing doctor for a while. Hopefully my Spalding Pied Peacock (in my avatar picture) will be hanging out by the pens when I get home bc I might just break down and cry if he doesn't show up. He was my favorite.
hit.gif

We have calves hitting the ground everyday, I'm missing 1 panel off my greenhouse and my garden looks like death lol. Spring fever has hit me hard!

I have about 35 chicks
jumpy.gif
stashed in rubbermaid totes in my living room AND I REALLY REALLY want to go to the auction tonight in Coweta! I have never been. Anyone else going to be there??

I know I don't need anymore on my plate...but I'm not sure I can resist.
droolin.gif

My incubator is empty right now after all
yesss.gif
It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Be patient grasshopper there are more birds to come.. hehehe!

OMG! That is so what I did when my daughter moved out on her own.

hit.gif
Everyone is playing at the auction but me.
I did not go to the auction, just spent the evening with one of my friends.

I'm not there either so thanks much for the intro. to your birds. :)
I did get to, with help, separate my friend and neighbors roosters tonight. We put the keepers in their own breeding pen and their girls will arrive soon. Several nice birds are going to Blanchard auction tomorrow night - 2 nice blue Ameraucana cockerels, two Wheaten marans cockerels and two pair of Lakenvelders.
Are you going to Blanchard tomorrow? If so I may show up for a little while. Just depends on how I feel. It has been a long hectic week..

Had a fabulous time at the auction with Dusti, Coral and Cheryl tonight! Didnt get to spend a lot of time with Cheryl, but she was too busy buying my Silkies. ;)

When it's warmer I'll bring my granddaughters; they're 3 and 6, so they'll be a great match for yours, Cheryl.

Cathie Sue, we missed you there!

Got up this morning and have two chicks that hatched over night and another egg is piped...
wee.gif
This is my first hatch and from shipped eggs, started out with 17 only 6 made it to lockdown and so far 2 hatched another piped and will check the other three later....so excited (they where silkie eggs)

bardles, did she have an over abundance of mites?
I honestly did not look. We have had mites in the past and have always 'felt' or noticed them when they happened. Not going on now. I picked her up, sat her in the bath tub while getting the buckets ready. Normal poop. Then stuck her in a bucket and started picking off the dried stuff. Never noticed anything amiss mite-wise.

I'm fairly new to this site and obviously addicted lol.

I've been away for a couple weeks and sooo much has gone on! First.. how about that crazy wind!?!? Oh my! Just to vent a little because no one else seems to really understand the depth of my anxiety over the situation...
he.gif

We have a 24 foot square building that has tin on the north side and the top, well lets just say the wind picked the whole thing up with about 12 very pricey peafowl inside and rolled it end over end 4 times right through our pasture fence, freeing every peabird, about 80 head of cows and their calves and 4 very tame horses that instantly turned into wild broncs, all while breaking a few peafowl legs. WOW.

What an evening last night trying to put that all back together. Still missing a few birds, got all the 4 legged back into the pasture and got the building set back where it goes, and guess I will be playing doctor for a while. Hopefully my Spalding Pied Peacock (in my avatar picture) will be hanging out by the pens when I get home bc I might just break down and cry if he doesn't show up. He was my favorite.
hit.gif

We have calves hitting the ground everyday, I'm missing 1 panel off my greenhouse and my garden looks like death lol. Spring fever has hit me hard!

I have about 35 chicks
jumpy.gif
stashed in rubbermaid totes in my living room AND I REALLY REALLY want to go to the auction tonight in Coweta! I have never been. Anyone else going to be there??

I know I don't need anymore on my plate...but I'm not sure I can resist.
droolin.gif

My incubator is empty right now after all
yesss.gif

I am so sorry. That is tragic. I really hope your pea fowl return, and hope your babies heal ok.

Yes this wind sure is something else.I think this wind has its months confused. It is not MARCH YET!!

So far we are faring ok with the wind. We have a shed that desparately needs to be tore down and rebuilt. The wood is too rotten to really hold the sheet metal on. It is pretty ancient. We are just waiting for the finances. We were planning on doing it this spring, but hubby lost his job and got a lesser paying job. So we are playing catch up on bills with the tax return. Hopefully the sheet metal stays on for one more growing season. If we dont' have it replaced by fall I am going to start demolishing it myself!

Hugs.

Is that like the dump where you have to have proof of id living in Tulsa to use it? We live in the county but not in Tulsa.

For you to take trees and green waste yes you need a Tulsa address ID. Because this is paid for through Tulsa Utilities.

But if you are just getting mulch there is no ID required. They want as many people using the mulch as possible. They also have logs and tree limbs for free for firewood. You just have to take your own chain saw to cut them down to size.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom