***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote: Did a quick sketch.
If the front 1x6 is a 2x4, the a 1x4 could be added at the 6 inch height. I have several birds that like that 6 inch height.. Note that the risers are not set in the corners but inset a few inches. this allows the birds to sit either facing the wall or to the front. and to not poop on those roosting on the next riser.

Sometimes there are 8 to 10 birds sitting on each roost for warmth.

My blue barnevelders. I just had to share. :)

I think Blue Barnevelders are just stunning--steel almost gunmetal. I've got one blue girl and one splash in with a black roo. I cannot wait til the ladies start laying!

Yeah I have like 4 roosters but this one is my nicest and I have 2 really nice hens. I have one that has awful lacing. I got her as a chick. I think she's either going in the stew pot or going in with my laying hens. I don't want to breed her. I want to get the best lacing possible. I love them. I really want silvers but I'm not paying the prices they want... especially when they are the bantam variety.

Here's my girls, dirty feet and all. @Yara

And I hatched one more bunch of my Splash Copper Marans X Blue and Splash "Ameraucanas." They are definitely not true Ameraucanas. I ended up with 3 of 7 straight combs. Anyone need a few good healthy chicks? All three for $5.

Finally, I am still waiting on my Tolbunt Polish eggs. The ones he sent me to tide me over have hatched and are a week old already. They are HUGE. The hatched out of bantam eggs but are almost keeping up with my large fowl chicks of the same age. PLEASE LET THEM BE GIRLS. Here they are next to a Jubilee the same age.

I already have two boys (I think) and don't really want to start breeding silkies anyway! Do the boys make good pets? I'm betting there are some Paris Hilton wanna be's that would carry them around and pamper them.

Here's my girls, dirty feet and all. @Yara

And I hatched one more bunch of my Splash Copper Marans X Blue and Splash "Ameraucanas." They are definitely not true Ameraucanas. I ended up with 3 of 7 straight combs. Anyone need a few good healthy chicks? All three for $5.

Finally, I am still waiting on my Tolbunt Polish eggs. The ones he sent me to tide me over have hatched and are a week old already. They are HUGE. The hatched out of bantam eggs but are almost keeping up with my large fowl chicks of the same age. PLEASE LET THEM BE GIRLS. Here they are next to a Jubilee the same age.

I already have two boys (I think) and don't really want to start breeding silkies anyway! Do the boys make good pets? I'm betting there are some Paris Hilton wanna be's that would carry them around and pamper them.

Paris Hilton wishes she were as cool as Arlo....

Quote:
That's the kind of setup I want to put in the camper I'm renovating. One set of bleacher-roosts on each side. Does anybody live close to Fayetteville? There's some gorgeous Orpington roosters there that somebody's giving away.

Anyone need some rabbits? I have a mini-lop and a rex, both females, both black and around a year old that I got in a trade ... and I don't need any more female rabbits. I'm looking for a couple of Dominick hens or a male silkie or quail or any hen that lays white eggs. I'm open for other trades too. I have other rex rabbits as well that are two months old all different colors.

Anyone need some rabbits? I have a mini-lop and a rex, both females, both black and around a year old that I got in a trade ... and I don't need any more female rabbits. I'm looking for a couple of Dominick hens or a male silkie or quail or any hen that lays white eggs. I'm open for other trades too. I have other rex rabbits as well that are two months old all different colors.

Are they standard Rex? Where are you located?

Are they standard Rex? Where are you located?

Yes, they are standard, not minis. I'm 90 miles north of OKC on I35.

Back
Top Bottom