***OKIES in the BYC III ***

The chickens got warm oatmeal and scratch for breakfast. I just put suet cakes in the freezer to harden up for them. I sure hope they reward all my efforts with lots of eggs lol

I have the same issue! One of the babies I hatched is presenting only saggy wings. Still eating and drinking a lot. I have brought it back in the garage to monitor for other symptoms. I started Corrid. Is that the right thing to do?
Yes. Corrid would be a good start. How old is the chicken? How does the keel bone feel...is the bird getting thin?
I like Sulmet in water better than Corid for an older bird. A little plain yogurt mixed with a hard boild egg will help the gut.

Yes.  Corrid would be a good start.  How old is the chicken?   How does the keel bone feel...is the bird getting thin?
I like Sulmet in water better than Corid for an older bird.  A little plain yogurt mixed with a hard boild egg will help the gut.

About 14-15 weeks. I have offered yogurt and he is totally offended! Lol! He is eating his food and drinking lots of water. I don't think he feels any lighter. I still don't know how to check the keel bone!
1f648.png

About 14-15 weeks. I have offered yogurt and he is totally offended! Lol! He is eating his food and drinking lots of water. I don't think he feels any lighter. I still don't know how to check the keel bone!
1f648.png

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.607992139225105441&pid=15.1&P=0

See the long blade-like bone at the underside of the belly? That's the keel bone. On a healthy bird it will have a nice thick padding of meat on each side. On a sick bird it will be very bony and protrude from the belly.

I think Corid or Sulmet at this point is a great place to start.

Back
Top Bottom