***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Well home from a busy day at work, came home an hour early since I worked through lunch yesterday. We had 3 people coming out to buy birds and big surprise so far 2 are no shows. One keeps texting saying yes they will be here tonight but I hate to tell them but at 8:30 I turn into a pumpkin, lol. Our 8 guinea eggs are still in the hatcher but nothing so far. Today was hatch day so praying something happens over night. I will feel bad if none make it after hearing them all peeping in there yesterday.

Shellie, where are you getting your oats? I may have to try some for my girls. We switched our guineas to wild game feed and the girls all clammor at the fence wanting some. If they could they would chew through the fence to get it, lol.

Nana, not sure how your doing without your caffine. I am okay in the evening, I don't drink soda but I need my morning coffee and my afternoon iced tea.

I think my shoulders are sunburned after working in the garden today. I had a few birds out with me, but they didn't stay to help. They walked back to the yard and napped in the shade. Micheiel: Here's the blue man group on walk-about. They found a lot of bugs under the trailer, so they didn't spend a lot of time at the feeder when I had them out today.

Naomi still hasn't kidded. She's pawing the ground and making leaf nests, so I'm hoping she'll be a new momma by tomorrow. Her sisters are good mommas.

Shellie, where are you getting your oats? I may have to try some for my girls. We switched our guineas to wild game feed and the girls all clammor at the fence wanting some. If they could they would chew through the fence to get it, lol.
S&S carries whole and rolled oats, either will work very well.

I think my shoulders are sunburned after working in the garden today. I had a few birds out with me, but they didn't stay to help. They walked back to the yard and napped in the shade. Micheiel: Here's the blue man group on walk-about. They found a lot of bugs under the trailer, so they didn't spend a lot of time at the feeder when I had them out today.

Naomi still hasn't kidded. She's pawing the ground and making leaf nests, so I'm hoping she'll be a new momma by tomorrow. Her sisters are good mommas.

Such cute kids!
I love your Ameracaunas. The one little girl I have now is so sweet and lays such nice eggs. I think I need one or two more. Getting to visit Jack's blues across the street isn't good enough any more.

MY HUSBAND, DOC HOLLOWAY, IS OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM THE US ARMY AS OF APRIL 05, 2012!
woot.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
woot.gif

There will definetly be a gathering when he comes home on R&R for his Civilian Deployment... So everyone be looking for there invitation!!!! Retirement Party.....

MY HUSBAND, DOC HOLLOWAY, IS OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM THE US ARMY AS OF APRIL 05, 2012!
woot.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
woot.gif

There will definetly be a gathering when he comes home on R&R for his Civilian Deployment... So everyone be looking for there invitation!!!! Retirement Party.....
congratulations!!! Please tell him "Thank You for his service to our Country!!!" I remember my dad's party was BIG. That was 4/1/1987 My mom got a retirement Thank you also! LOL

Poco you are making me want baby goats again. That is dangerous! LOL Those birds are a beautiful blue! Gorgeous!

Here is a whole thread on the subject of fermented feed for meat birds...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/644300/fermenting-feed-for-meat-birds
Thank you Buster, there is some really good reading there. I am saving some of the links.

Quote:
Just another fine example of the Government trying to control something that dont mount to much anyway. I have hatched wild goose eggs and I have a sibling with wild turkey eggs in bator now, same scenerio as yours, hen killed. The government is making it to the point a person cant tell the truth without them trying to control it. I for one have just about had it. I served my country, got injuried doing so. I served my state for many years in law enforcement. And now I have to still jump thru hoops to please both of them. Well I better stop for I say what I really think.
big_smile.png
But I think in your shoes, I would hatch the dang things.

Same here - I agree.
smack.gif
I have a Turkey setting on chicken eggs that would love to hatch those turkey eggs.

Back
Top Bottom