***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I got off work at three came home made two batches of jelly then went to pick black berries got all cut up and then gave up went to pick sand plums my daughters and I picked till 9:00 went and feed the chickens got in trouble with my hens for being late I made up for it in sand plums then took a shower fixed somthing fast for super and now fixin to go to bed gotta get up early got a full day again.

I have clematis, and my chickens are not interested in eating them at all. The clematis doesn't really grow that fast though, kind of slow. So if you are wanting cover for the run, you might have to plant a bunch of plants to acheive any real shade. I have a porcelain vine, a jasmine vine, virginia creeper, a yellow trumpet vine, a wisteria vine, and morning glories.....none of which are on "my" chickens diets anyway. They don't bother any of these climbing plants...at my house at least. I was hoping to start a purple hyacinth bean vine because they grow really fast and I thought might have a chance against the girls. But I am not sure?

chey girl we are haveing a north east Okla meetup this sat in Muskogee. I'll bet there will be a bunch of chicks there that your friend could get. We are hoping for a big turn out. Bring your friend and join the fun. There will be things for the kiddos to do to!

Hello everybody, I used to be on BYC years ago, been raising chickens in town for about 6 years now. I posted in the "newbies" thread, but thought I would here also. I have a friend that is looking for baby chicks to buy in Oklahoma. We live in the NE part of the state, Bartlesville area. I checked the auction threads, but not a whole lot going on up around here. There used to be an auction on Saturdays in Collinsville, near Claremore.....does anyone know about it? or other places to get baby chicks this time of year??? Thanks in advance.

chey girl we are haveing a north east Okla meetup this sat in Muskogee. I'll bet there will be a bunch of chicks there that your friend could get. We are hoping for a big turn out. Bring your friend and join the fun. There will be things for the kiddos to do to!

Welcome back! I'm from the NE side too!

The auction you were asking about first Saturday every month in the Inola area called Chupps...starts at 8am.

On the 16th (this coming Saturday) from 8-5 there is going to be an all day swap meet/auction starting at noon at the Muskogee fair grounds. here is a link with info and address.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/591368/ne-oklahoma-chicken-stock-lets-plan

What kind of chicks are you looking for?

are you shure i thought we were bulls, horses ,dragons , leaches, and mulls
gig.gif

Dibs on the Dragons.

Back
Top Bottom