Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Pics
I like it! Very nice fabric color and pattern! Definitely seems to blend much better into the project. I liked the green fabric, just didn't seem too keen on how it looked on this project.

The paprika and paisley are great, the others are nice also, but that paisley could be the easily be the anchor of a Victorian style project.

I'm trying to hand quilt this table topper. Have not done that in at least two years. Have I still got it? We shall see.
DSC00941.JPG
DSC00943.JPG

Dig out the thimbles...when I cross stitched regularly I had callouses built up, same with playing guitar.... but take a break for a couple of months and it was back to soft and painful!

I use a thimble on the quilting hand, on the middle finger. Actually, I'm using one that my younger son bought me in Croatia on a trip. It's mainly the finger underneath that I use to stop the needle and that helps redirect the thread upward that hurts, but if I wear something on it, I can't feel it come through. I used to cut fingers off those rubber kitchen gloves and put them over my fingertip. Guess I could do that again. Callouses are completely gone after about two years away.

It is very pretty, and such a thoughtful and perfect gift for a lady who loves to quilt. You raised your boy right!

Yes, it was. And it's very useful, too. I just have to put tape inside because it's a little large for my finger, but very sturdy. I was also using a sterling silver one that my mother had, but this one is more protective, needle doesn't slide on this one.

Going well so far. I can still get my stitches-per-inch. Hard on the back, sitting and leaning over the hoop, but I could mitigate that with a pillow behind my back or a better position, or a different seat entirely.

Finally made it back. I took last week off work and have been practically living in my sewing room.
Cyn, what size was that log cabin variation of chevron blocks you did on your tube channel mean to be?

chevron-variation-3.jpg

I just started one, because it's been on my mind since I saw it. I gave in. :)

Back
Top Bottom