Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

I have liked my Janome, but I've lost interest in quilting lately. Gonna sell her ASAP. Might end up with a small, basic machine as long as the throat is about 8" . I do no clothing construction or really anything else, just want one around for repairs or making rice bags, etc.

You can't go wrong with a Juki. I have the Haruka TL-18QVP. It's just a straight stitch, but oh boy is it fast and powerful. And if you do decide to get back into doing some quilting, the throat height and length is plenty big enough for FMQ. (Don't look at the retail price in the link. I paid less than half that brand new in the box)

I learned to piece and quilt on an itty bitty Brother too! I think maybe 4.5"? About the size of my fist, and I have small hands. 😆
Oh, the quilting yoga I did on that little machine trying to push twins and fulls through it while not dragging it across the kitchen table.

How did/do you like your Janome? Though I'm pretty settled on eventually getting a Juki Kirei HZL-NX7, I've toyed with the idea of trying out a Janome MC 6650 if I ever get a chance. I use a cheap little 4" hoop embroidery machine for quilt labels so don't need the letters, but I do like to use decorative stitches on non-quilt things.
I learned on a Singer and then moved up to a Bernina. I’ve still got her. I just brought the sewing machine to our rent house where we are living during our farm house remodel. I’ve quilted double sized quilts on this one. image.jpg

You can't go wrong with a Juki. I have the Haruka TL-18QVP. It's just a straight stitch, but oh boy is it fast and powerful. And if you do decide to get back into doing some quilting, the throat height and length is plenty big enough for FMQ. (Don't look at the retail price in the link. I paid less than half that brand new in the box)
Terrie, how is it different from the old 2000 or the 2010q? I see them come out with the same-looking machine, different decals, but I have no idea what the upgrades are. It's the same as my Brother 1500 I sold, as far as I can tell, except the Brother didn't have a speed control. Just trying to figure differences to justify the higher price tags. They are really workhorses, for sure, without all the electronics to break down.
I guess it doesn't much matter, though. I really don't want to quilt at all. I just hate to be completely without a machine in case I need to fix something. I guess the Eversewn Sparrows are just as good for stuff like that. I'm trying to finish the last lap quilt and I am trudging through the last bit of it, just have no interest in it any more. Could be one day I'll be living in a much smaller place than even this one and there will no room for any machine or fabric stash.

I did it. I made an offer on a gently used Juki HZL G220 and won it for about half price. Here is what I got. I still will need a quilting foot for it, of course, because these do not come with that foot, but shouldn't be hard to find one and I have my Janome Horizon for sale on here and on several Facebook yard sale groups my husband belongs to. It's a bit less machine than the big Horizon, but I don't plan to do much quilting any longer. I'd be without a machine entirely, but I'm afraid I'd need it for mending something or might want to make some small stuff for fun.
Screenshot 2021-07-01 185440.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-01 185423.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-01 185345.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-01 185330.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-01 185259.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-01 185226.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-01 185205.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-01 185315.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-07-01 185315.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 0
I did it. I made an offer on a gently used Juki HZL G220 and won it for about half price. Here is what I got. I still will need a quilting foot for it, of course, because these do not come with that foot, but shouldn't be hard to find one and I have my Janome Horizon for sale on here and on several Facebook yard sale groups my husband belongs to. It's a bit less machine than the big Horizon, but I don't plan to do much quilting any longer. I'd be without a machine entirely, but I'm afraid I'd need it for mending something or might want to make some small stuff for fun.
View attachment 2743689View attachment 2743688View attachment 2743687View attachment 2743686View attachment 2743684View attachment 2743683View attachment 2743682
:wee Yay! Congrats on a nice looking new baby!! Sure looks like she will have no problems doing whatever you might need her to.

:wee Yay! Congrats on a nice looking new baby!! Sure looks like she will have no problems doing whatever you might need her to.
Everyone seems to like this machine a lot, read a ton of reviews. The throat is right at 8" or a hair less. That will be an adjustment after having 11" and the 9" on my Brother 1500, but it's not much less than the Brother I made a lot of quilts on before I got the Janome.

Terrie, how is it different from the old 2000 or the 2010q? I see them come out with the same-looking machine, different decals, but I have no idea what the upgrades are. It's the same as my Brother 1500 I sold, as far as I can tell, except the Brother didn't have a speed control. Just trying to figure differences to justify the higher price tags. They are really workhorses, for sure, without all the electronics to break down.
I guess it doesn't much matter, though. I really don't want to quilt at all. I just hate to be completely without a machine in case I need to fix something. I guess the Eversewn Sparrows are just as good for stuff like that. I'm trying to finish the last lap quilt and I am trudging through the last bit of it, just have no interest in it any more. Could be one day I'll be living in a much smaller place than even this one and there will no room for any machine or fabric stash.
I am not sure of the difference, except the speed control that my 98E didn't have, which I really wanted for FMQ. For straight seams, I turn that puppy up to full speed and pedal to the metal. It's fairly heavy. Not as heavy as my 1952 Elna Supermatic, but close.

View attachment 2743689View attachment 2743688View attachment 2743687View attachment 2743686View attachment 2743684View attachment 2743683View attachment 2743682
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't quilted in months, not since I broke my leg Oct 2, but I just pulled out a lap quilt I finished just before that and featured it in a video on my homesteading channel at the end. Maybe someone will want it. It's in cheerful spring colors so we all need that about now! I was thinking that I need to get back to it, to bolster my mood.

Back
Top Bottom