OVER THE COUNTER MEDICATIONS (OTC) IMPACTED BY NEW FDA PRESCRIPTION REQUIREMENTS INITIATIVE

I also like this one:
http://avianmedicine.net/publication_cat/avian-medicine/

Did I mention that viewing them online is free?
big_smile.png

-Kathy
you repasted the same link............love to see what the other one is!

In researching about the different antibiotics there's not very many that I would feel okay about giving to my birds. One question that is not really answered, and saw that there has not been much research on it, is the antibiotic residue. Most antibiotic warnings say to not give to laying hens. The residue is deposited in the yolk, but for how long? Could a yolk be sent to a lab for testing? Is the residue in the droppings, and for how long? The whole flock would be exposed to the residue, and the soil.

But sometimes a bird's life can only be saved by using an antibiotic....

Last edited:
In researching about the different antibiotics there's not very many that I would feel okay about giving to my birds.  One question that is not really answered, and saw that there has not been much research on it, is the antibiotic residue.  Most antibiotic warnings say to not give to laying hens.  The residue is deposited in the yolk, but for how long?  Could a yolk be sent to a lab for testing?  Is the residue in the droppings, and for how long?  The whole flock would be exposed to the residue, and the soil.

But sometimes a bird's life can only be saved by using an antibiotic....

Many of studies have been done, but finding them can be tricky. Try modifying your search to something like egg withdrawal tetracycline.

-Kathy

Many of studies have been done, but finding them can be tricky. Try modifying your search to something like egg withdrawal tetracycline.

-Kathy

I did just find a very extensive article.  I don't know how to post a link though.  The website is farad.org.

Can you email the link? If so, you could email it to me and I'll post it for you.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom