Packing Peanuts! *pic*

I love my barred rock cockeral, he's quite a looker and very sweet. He acts coy but really enjoys it when I pick him up and stroke his feathers and give him a scratch on the head near his comb. He'll start to fall asleep in my arms and startle himself awake.
gig.gif

There's a picture of him with my DD in this thread, and further down a picture of him by himself.
smile.png
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=26481

I say there probaly BR because I had ancona chickies and they were way darker when they were younger.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one rooster for my girls and he is a BR, we did not originally want him to be the flock rooster but he is such a great rooster. we can walk all around him and his girls, never any aggression toward us. He always lets the girls eat first and very "loving" toward them. So now we are going to get him a little flock of BR just for him so he can stay around this spring. I would certainly let them grow up and see how they act. I would handle them just as you do your others and I am crazy but I have always talked to my chickens and it really relaxes them. Of course treats help make friends too.

Heather

Back
Top Bottom