Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

What an adorable little chick!
love.gif

After getting sidetracked for a while i am so happy to be starting over with Partridge Silkies. They have always been my favorite color. I just hatched a few from eggs from friends and have more in my incubators
1f61c.png
I ended up with three normal partridge and one wheaten based partridge.there are also a couple whites and blues.

After getting sidetracked for a while i am so happy to be starting over with Partridge Silkies. They have always been my favorite color. I just hatched a few from eggs from friends and have more in my incubators
1f61c.png
I ended up with three normal partridge and one wheaten based partridge.there are also a couple whites and blues.

So cute! Congrats!

Would any one in south Florida like to take my 3 silkie hens(approximately 8-9 months old) off our hands ? We just got some new chicks in and although these girls have been laying consistently, we just don't enjoy them as much as we thought ! Thought I'd post on here prior to bringing to a feed store to rehome :) thanks so much ! One is a partridge, one is white , and one is black (I can't find a photo of her but can send to anyone interested)

Can anybody with more experience help me out here. This little partridge was hatched late March so now 8-9 weeks old. I'm hoping pullet but am not sure. What do you think? No comb to speak of at all. Normally I would try to be patient this early on. I've had several silkie hatches but few partridge. She was a hatched egg from a show breeder's all partridge pen. I assume I'm being a little too optimistic to assume she's a girl because she has the light chest with no black? She has the nice round henny shape with no streamers yet.

Would any one in south Florida like to take my 3 silkie hens(approximately 8-9 months old) off our hands ? We just got some new chicks in and although these girls have been laying consistently, we just don't enjoy them as much as we thought ! Thought I'd post on here prior to bringing to a feed store to rehome
smile.png
thanks so much ! One is a partridge, one is white , and one is black (I can't find a photo of her but can send to anyone interested)

They are so cute. Silkies do take a bit of special care but once we got used to it my DH can't imagine the backyard without a couple of them toodling around! We were surprised at what good sized eggs and good layers these little girls are. I hope you find them good homes and pass on to the new owners how to hold laying hens in the judge's hold. So many adults/children grab hens by their reproductive sides rather than the proper judge's hold.

Can anybody with more experience help me out here. This little partridge was hatched late March so now 8-9 weeks old. I'm hoping pullet but am not sure. What do you think? No comb to speak of at all. Normally I would try to be patient this early on. I've had several silkie hatches but few partridge. She was a hatched egg from a show breeder's all partridge pen. I assume I'm being a little too optimistic to assume she's a girl because she has the light chest with no black? She has the nice round henny shape with no streamers yet.

It looks like a hen to me. : )

No streamers on the crest, tail or "mane" and the shorter legs and smaller tail are also more common with hens. My roosters were pretty obvious from an early age, especially with their combs.

Back
Top Bottom