Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

I took pictures of my Parti's playing in the snow yesterday!!! hahaha poor buggers had no clue what the white stuff was. We got about 8 inches here and I had to shovel out all the runs and my husband plowed out the big run for them. Otherwise they would move an inch in the snow!!!

Aww soo cute!!

Psssst, Hey don't forget about your friend in CT TOO!!!!!
big_smile.png

Love you!!!

OMG!!! That is a riot!!!! WTflock is this stuff? Darn my feet are cold. How do we get back to the barn? HELP!!!!

OKAY. Since we have had so much fun with these pictures I thought I would put them on BYC.
The first 2 are of Oreo. This is the cutest chick I have ever seen. Obviously in the first one the flash
of the camera kind of caught it off guard.

"I like big butts and I can not lie". Oreo did not want any more flashes in its face.

Okay, now before you look at this next picture "no animals were hurt or abused in the making of this picture." LOL.
This little guy had spraddle leg and I needed to secure him so he wasn't frightened but was snug and couldn't move.
I am going to tell you right now that "I" am a genious (however you spell it). The use of the ace bandage worked like a
charm. The baby was perfectly comfortable as long as I didn't lay him flat so I just leaned him against the rest of the ace
bandage. I also used the ace bandage on a newly hatched chick that seemed to be having issues getting used to the use
of his body. He was like flipping all over the place. I almost culled him. But I wrapped him snuggly in the bandage and then
the baby was comfy and warm and I laid him up next to the rest of the bandage to make is seem like it was laying with
another chick..... I am giving myself a BIG FAT A on this one folks!!!!

Okay, now it's okay to go ahead and laugh.......

Last edited:
I still giggle everytime I see this picture of the chickie on the stretcher!!!!!!
lau.gif

OKAY. Since we have had so much fun with these pictures I thought I would put them on BYC.
The first 2 are of Oreo. This is the cutest chick I have ever seen. Obviously in the first one the flash
of the camera kind of caught it off guard.

"I like big butts and I can not lie". Oreo did not want any more flashes in its face.

Okay, now before you look at this next picture "no animals were hurt or abused in the making of this picture." LOL.
This little guy had spraddle leg and I needed to secure him so he wasn't frightened but was snug and couldn't move.
I am going to tell you right now that "I" am a genious (however you spell it). The use of the ace bandage worked like a
charm. The baby was perfectly comfortable as long as I didn't lay him flat so I just leaned him against the rest of the ace
bandage. I also used the ace bandage on a newly hatched chick that seemed to be having issues getting used to the use
of his body. He was like flipping all over the place. I almost culled him. But I wrapped him snuggly in the bandage and then
the baby was comfy and warm and I laid him up next to the rest of the bandage to make is seem like it was laying with
another chick..... I am giving myself a BIG FAT A on this one folks!!!!

Okay, now it's okay to go ahead and laugh.......

Beth,

Have you never used Vet Wrap or the like to make a brace for the spradle legged chicks?? You just need to make a wee strip of the Vet Wrap (or off name alternative) to make a straight across brace on their legs, where they can walk with them after a couple of hours of getting used to it. Leave it on for 3, maybe 5 days, and they are as good as new, and walking perfectly! While your pic is cute, I'd hate to think what else is atrophying inside the little dude while lying on his back?? JMO

Hi Debbi,

LOL that's not my post I just quoted it and said to the OP it makes me giggle when I see it
wink.png

If you go back a page you will see original post
big_smile.png

Beth,

Have you never used Vet Wrap or the like to make a brace for the spradle legged chicks?? You just need to make a wee strip of the Vet Wrap (or off name alternative) to make a straight across brace on their legs, where they can walk with them after a couple of hours of getting used to it. Leave it on for 3, maybe 5 days, and they are as good as new, and walking perfectly! While your pic is cute, I'd hate to think what else is atrophying inside the little dude while lying on his back?? JMO

Back
Top Bottom