Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

This first pic looks like it's in mid-clap. So cute.

OKAY. Since we have had so much fun with these pictures I thought I would put them on BYC.
The first 2 are of Oreo. This is the cutest chick I have ever seen. Obviously in the first one the flash
of the camera kind of caught it off guard.

"I like big butts and I can not lie". Oreo did not want any more flashes in its face.

Okay, now before you look at this next picture "no animals were hurt or abused in the making of this picture." LOL.
This little guy had spraddle leg and I needed to secure him so he wasn't frightened but was snug and couldn't move.
I am going to tell you right now that "I" am a genious (however you spell it). The use of the ace bandage worked like a
charm. The baby was perfectly comfortable as long as I didn't lay him flat so I just leaned him against the rest of the ace
bandage. I also used the ace bandage on a newly hatched chick that seemed to be having issues getting used to the use
of his body. He was like flipping all over the place. I almost culled him. But I wrapped him snuggly in the bandage and then
the baby was comfy and warm and I laid him up next to the rest of the bandage to make is seem like it was laying with
another chick..... I am giving myself a BIG FAT A on this one folks!!!!

Okay, now it's okay to go ahead and laugh.......

Beth,

Have you never used Vet Wrap or the like to make a brace for the spradle legged chicks?? You just need to make a wee strip of the Vet Wrap (or off name alternative) to make a straight across brace on their legs, where they can walk with them after a couple of hours of getting used to it. Leave it on for 3, maybe 5 days, and they are as good as new, and walking perfectly! While your pic is cute, I'd hate to think what else is atrophying inside the little dude while lying on his back?? JMO

He's not lying on his back. I have him sitting up and I only have it on to contain him while I put the braces on his legs. He's perfectly content and not even trying to fight because he feels secure. He was in the wrap for maybe 5 minutes total. It's better than trying to contain a fighting frightened chick that could hurt himself by flopping around in your hands.
This baby is now up, walking around like nothing ever happened to him. He's perfectly fine. And Beth wasn't the one that did it, it was me...

And I just want to add. Silver pencilled - partridge is not gray. There is no pencilling in grays. Grays were mucked up when crosses to partridge happen. Adds gold for a lifetime headache and pencilling of course not something you want to see in gray. There is no advantages to breeding them together in fact only causes headaches.
And for partridge. Anyone that wants to see proper coloring. Please hang out at the partridge cochin or wyandotte pens at your next show. and better. Ask owners if you can take pics of them. Then hang pics on your frig or inside your coop. Learning the color visually can be quite a plus:)

And I just want to add. Silver pencilled - partridge is not gray. There is no pencilling in grays. Grays were mucked up when crosses to partridge happen. Adds gold for a lifetime headache and pencilling of course not something you want to see in gray. There is no advantages to breeding them together in fact only causes headaches.
And for partridge. Anyone that wants to see proper coloring. Please hang out at the partridge cochin or wyandotte pens at your next show. and better. Ask owners if you can take pics of them. Then hang pics on your frig or inside your coop. Learning the color visually can be quite a plus:)

This is a photo of Wiener at her win at the Illini show. 4 judges and Mr. Wulff said that she was the most perfect specimen of a "partridge" Silkie that they have ever seen.

This is a photo of Wiener at her win at the Illini show. 4 judges and Mr. Wulff said that she was the most perfect specimen of a "partridge" Silkie that they have ever seen.
LOVE Wiener
droolin.gif
love.gif

OKAY. Since we have had so much fun with these pictures I thought I would put them on BYC.
The first 2 are of Oreo. This is the cutest chick I have ever seen. Obviously in the first one the flash
of the camera kind of caught it off guard.

"I like big butts and I can not lie". Oreo did not want any more flashes in its face.

Okay, now before you look at this next picture "no animals were hurt or abused in the making of this picture." LOL.
This little guy had spraddle leg and I needed to secure him so he wasn't frightened but was snug and couldn't move.
I am going to tell you right now that "I" am a genious (however you spell it). The use of the ace bandage worked like a
charm. The baby was perfectly comfortable as long as I didn't lay him flat so I just leaned him against the rest of the ace
bandage. I also used the ace bandage on a newly hatched chick that seemed to be having issues getting used to the use
of his body. He was like flipping all over the place. I almost culled him. But I wrapped him snuggly in the bandage and then
the baby was comfy and warm and I laid him up next to the rest of the bandage to make is seem like it was laying with
another chick..... I am giving myself a BIG FAT A on this one folks!!!!

Okay, now it's okay to go ahead and laugh.......

lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom