Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!!

It's data like this that allowed me to create this chart. This chart show that at four weeks the three chicks are all within the normal weight range. Note that there are three lines here that are below the one group. The blue one that ends at day 25 died from a yolk sack infection, the black one had a deformed neck and was euthanized, and the longer blue one was just behind a little, but did finally catch up.

-Kathy

@casportpony , just out of curiousity, have you tried backtracking once you know gender? Do they follow different curves at some point? Great job on creating the chart!!!
clap.gif

I can finally post a picture of my babies. They hatched out June 7. I put 4 IB eggs in my incubator, got all 4 eggs to hatch! I finally got home from FFA competition and got pictures. I competed in the Vet Science competition. I scored 7th place out of 48 students! My FFA advisor said the certificate says I got 6th so I got 7th or 6th.

Last edited:
Congrats on those super sweet babies @Birdrain92 !
And on doing so well in the Vet Science competition too!
thumbsup.gif

Can I put some of those pictures on the ChickChart??
They're IB right?

I can finally post a picture of my babies. They hatched out June 7. I put 4 IB eggs in my incubator, got all 4 eggs to hatch! I finally got home from FFA competition and got pictures. I competed in the Vet Science competition. I scored 7th place out of 48 students! My FFA advisor said the certificate says I got 6th so I got 7th or 6th.

Good job! And nice pics too.

@casportpony , just out of curiousity, have you tried backtracking once you know gender? Do they follow different curves at some point? Great job on creating the chart!!!
clap.gif
I don't really have enough data for that, but I have noticed that whenever a chick is over 100 grams at day ten that it's male. Think I have another chart that might show that better.

-Kathy

Congrats!

-Kathy

Congrats BB! I recently read that when you take bird pictures that if you have something white in the photo that the colors come out more true to life. I am not that great of a photographer, just thought I would throw that out there as I am always looking for tips.

Back
Top Bottom