Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!!

@DylansMom, do you know if anyone on the east coast is still shipping eggs?

@Pyxis, what colors were you hoping to find?

-Kathy

Nothing too exciting, just blackshoulder, pied, or both. Silver pied would be fine too.

Have you contacted the various breeders listed on the UPA website?

-Kathy

Have you contacted the various breeders listed on the UPA website?

-Kathy

I had checked the classifieds and hadn't seen anything in my area - I just noticed the breeders section after you posted this! But someone in NY also looks to have just posted a classified for chicks, so I may email them and see if they have eggs. They're too far for me to go get chicks from them but eggs wouldn't have far to ship, relatively speaking.

Last edited:
I still have a ton of eggs under my chickens and had another pied hatch this morning. I would ship you eggs but I just don't think shipped peafowl eggs do well. You should make a trip to Loudens and pick up some chicks. You won't be sorry.

I had checked the classifieds and hadn't seen anything in my area - I just noticed the breeders section after you posted this! But someone in NY also looks to have just posted a classified for chicks, so I may email them and see if they have eggs. They're too far for me to go get chicks from them but eggs wouldn't have far to ship, relatively speaking.

There are pea eggs on eBay right now from a seller in middleboro, MA. Looks like a good seller, UPA member, w/ BS & pied. It wouldn't be too far for the eggs to ship.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/6-ASSORTED-PE...G-EGGS-Free-Shipping-/172279566264?nav=SEARCH

Good news on my search for peachicks! The breeder in NY has said they can overnight me some chicks when they're old enough, and they have both Blackshoulder and Silver Pied, so I think I might go that route.

The chicks are definitely better. My experience is that as soon as June hits your egg hatching drops around 80% regardless of distance, based on around 100 shipments. Maybe if they were express shipped and held at post office. But right now no reason to, most have chicks and more still hatching. Plus if you want Silverpieds, eggs won't guarantee what you'll get.

Back
Top Bottom