Peacock emergency

I have penicillin for live stock. We also have sulmet but I don't think that will do me to much good. I can see what else we have out there

Getting the pus out is more important than the antibiotics. You could use either antibiotic, though I'm not sure either one will help. Was hoping you were going to say that you had Augmentin, Clavamox, Cipro, Keflex or Baytril.

Get the pus out ASAP!

-Kathy

I got most of the pus off of it, all the flesh underneath is swollen up. They area under the eye is swollen up all the way down to his nostril and I think there's pussbin there because of how it feels but I can't push it out

If it was a sinus infection why would it burst through the roof of his mouth like that?

If it was a sinus infection why would it burst through the roof of his mouth like that?
If something punctured through the roof of the mouth and into the sinus cavity and then if the mouth healed over but got infected. The sinus cavity is just above the mouth, below the eyes, behind the nostrils.

One of the drugs we tried when battling a bacterial infection was Penicillin G, one ml was the dosage my vet told me to use in a duplex shot with Tylan. It turned out to be a bacterial infection and neither drug worked, but when the vet told me to use it that is the dosage, one ml.

I have seen pox (in pictures), usually on the outside of a bird, but do they ever appear on the inside like this?  Pox is supposed to run its course in a week or two.

Duh! Yes, could also be wet pox. Had that here in 2013, but only the chickens had it. Definite possibility if the OP still has mosquitoes around.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom