Peacock emergency

the vet called back and the name of the bacteria is cerothorous necrothorous

Never actually heard of that. Based on Latin root words necro means death. I just typed in on Google and all I can get is this page. I'm not an expert when it comes to bacteria cells.

Last edited:
Do you have a veterinary College in your state? You might also try your county ag extension for help.

Could it be a tumor I wonder and that's why it bleeds so much? I know you guys said it was supposed to bleed a lot but I have raised waterfowl for a while and I have had livestock a long time and I've lanced bandaged stitched and cleaned a lot of wounds and infections and nothing ever bled that much on a creature that small from a wound that small. Yesterday I stuck it with a sterile needle because I wanted to see if I would get pus on the end of it (because from what the vet said he thinks it's fluids) and nothing was on the end of the needle but when I took the needle out just from that little hole blood was pouring out like mad.

Could it be a tumor I wonder and that's why it bleeds so much? I know you guys said it was supposed to bleed a lot but I have raised waterfowl for a while and I have had livestock a long time and I've lanced bandaged stitched and cleaned a lot of wounds and infections and nothing ever bled that much on a creature that small from a wound that small. Yesterday I stuck it with a sterile needle because I wanted to see if I would get pus on the end of it (because from what the vet said he thinks it's fluids) and nothing was on the end of the needle but when I took the needle out just from that little hole blood was pouring out like mad.

That makes sense, just like in us, tumors parasite off the blood and actually grow into the bloodstream for a steady supply. I just dont know what to tell you at this point. Its very interesting and thanks for keeping us posted.

Gerald Barker

Back
Top Bottom