Pekin Duck Club!

Strange how my two Jumbo Peking ducklings have different tones to their bills (beaks!) Abbey's is actually orange as it should be but Bo-Khan's if like a very light pink (pics are one post back.) I like it because I'll be able to tell them apart when their colored sexing tape falls off soon, but I do wonder how this is. Are Jumbo Pekings mixed with Aylebury's by any chance? From my past research on Aylesburies and Pekings I have never read anything saying that, specifically, they would be bred to create Jumbo Pekings or anything of the sort. I guess I'll have to look around more. Maybe Bo-Khan's beakie will change color eventually, but somehow I doubt that. Hmmm, interesting..

Last edited:
God I can't wait for my ducks to start laying!! I have a male and female and they will be 6 months old in Oct. Will she start laying then? My dad says she won't start laying until Spring but I really hope she starts laying next month! Does anyone else have a hen that is due to start laying? Will she start laying with it being so late in the year or will she just not lay til spring?

God I can't wait for my ducks to start laying!! I have a male and female and they will be 6 months old in Oct. Will she start laying then? My dad says she won't start laying until Spring but I really hope she starts laying next month! Does anyone else have a hen that is due to start laying? Will she start laying with it being so late in the year or will she just not lay til spring?

Our Pekin female started laying Sept 3. She is 5months old today. She has been laying daily since except for two days. Hope this helps

Strange how my two Jumbo Peking ducklings have different tones to their bills (beaks!) Abbey's is actually orange as it should be but Bo-Khan's if like a very light pink (pics are one post back.) I like it because I'll be able to tell them apart when their colored sexing tape falls off soon, but I do wonder how this is. Are Jumbo Pekings mixed with Aylebury's by any chance? From my past research on Aylesburies and Pekings I have never read anything saying that, specifically, they would be bred to create Jumbo Pekings or anything of the sort. I guess I'll have to look around more. Maybe Bo-Khan's beakie will change color eventually, but somehow I doubt that. Hmmm, interesting..

Mine have different colours too. My male is bright orange and my female is pinkish. Your right, I can tell them apart from across the yard by the colours.

Hey everyone,
My ducklings are a little over 2 months old. 1 of my female's wing is drooping down and lays low next to her body. I know it isn't hurt and she doesn't have angel wings. Any idea what could be going on and what I could do to fix it?

Look under the wing close to the body for lice or a very small blk thing looks like a poppy seed. That is a blue wing mite. Or that's what we call them in Oklahoma

Hey everyone, today I went to visit my beautiful pekin ducks (well that's what I believed they were) for the first time in a few weeks. I didn't even recognise them :(
one of them lost the black feathers on her head, and they both have red forming around the eyes. Now I don't even know if they're ducks?!? Haha
I believe they're both females. Shouldn't they be laying eggs? they were born around March
Thanks!

Hey my pekin drake won't eat anything apart from worms but he is drinking a lot of water and dos t seem to be very energetic any ideas on what could be wrong he didn't like to hang out with his flock either.

Hey everyone, today I went to visit my beautiful pekin ducks (well that's what I believed they were) for the first time in a few weeks. I didn't even recognise them
sad.png

one of them lost the black feathers on her head, and they both have red forming around the eyes. Now I don't even know if they're ducks?!? Haha
I believe they're both females. Shouldn't they be laying eggs? they were born around March
Thanks!

They look like Muscovy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom