Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Three more chicks have died in the last 18hrs.

My Oxine came today so I misted them and I have the humidifier running over them. Tomorrow I am going to take them outside for some fresh air and sunshine while I strip, clean and disinfect their brooder. I am going to move the older birds in the other brooder to the grow out pen (pool table made into a coop) and then the older ones that aren't showing symptoms in here are going outside. I think I have it narrowed down to either brooder pneumonia, Cryptosporidiosis or Aspergillosis - or a combo of 2 or all. It still is only taking the lives of the younger chicks - under 4wks old. The older ones seem to be fighting it off. I bought Aeromycin for the still sick outside birds. I need to order some Oxytetracycline and a sulfa based antibiotic. Just in case...

Times like this is when I wish I would have been firm on telling Dewey no 3yrs ago on chickens.

R.I.P. Sally Mae u are not suffering anymore. U will be missed but never forgotten!

Best of luck to my five little ones who are going to there forever home tonight! Mommy loves u all <3!!!

R.I.P. Sally Mae u are not suffering anymore. U will be missed but never forgotten!

Best of luck to my five little ones who are going to there forever home tonight! Mommy loves u all <3!!!

hugs.gif
????........Also, just realizing I forgot to call you back
hide.gif
. Did you ever get anymore info. on the crossbeak?

My Oxine came today so I misted them and I have the humidifier running over them.  Tomorrow I am going to take them outside for some fresh air and sunshine while I strip, clean and disinfect their brooder.  I am going to move the older birds in the other brooder to the grow out pen (pool table made into a coop) and then the older ones that aren't showing symptoms in here are going outside.  I think I have it narrowed down to either brooder pneumonia, Cryptosporidiosis or Aspergillosis - or a combo of 2 or all.  It still is only taking the lives of the younger chicks - under 4wks old.  The older ones seem to be fighting it off.  I bought Aeromycin for the still sick outside birds.  I need to order some Oxytetracycline and a sulfa based antibiotic.  Just in case...

Times like this is when I wish I would have been firm on telling Dewey no 3yrs ago on chickens.

I just like to browse
So much to see.

[COLOR=800080]I lost one of my BLRW roos to Cocci today.:tongue Cocci. SUCKS!!![/COLOR]

Goodness! I am SO sorry!

My Oxine came today so I misted them and I have the humidifier running over them. Tomorrow I am going to take them outside for some fresh air and sunshine while I strip, clean and disinfect their brooder. I am going to move the older birds in the other brooder to the grow out pen (pool table made into a coop) and then the older ones that aren't showing symptoms in here are going outside. I think I have it narrowed down to either brooder pneumonia, Cryptosporidiosis or Aspergillosis - or a combo of 2 or all. It still is only taking the lives of the younger chicks - under 4wks old. The older ones seem to be fighting it off. I bought Aeromycin for the still sick outside birds. I need to order some Oxytetracycline and a sulfa based antibiotic. Just in case...

I've thought that very thing several times when losing too many birds in a short time frame.

So very very sorry.
sad.png

Right around the corner from me too! I live in Felton
Good to know there are those close enough to help or share local info with!!
I lost one of my BLRW roos to Cocci today.
tongue.gif
Cocci. SUCKS!!!
YES. Yes it does!!

On the Cocci. Note: I made 2 bad mistakes that I can see now. #1 I fed Medicated feed, so couldn't figure out how they got it. After some research, it does clearly say to feed the medicated until they are of laying age(so they can build up the immunity). I stopped at about 10 weeks, because, honestly, after I moved them out of the brooder area I was too lazy to walk up my stairs to get it. Layer feed was closer at hand.
hmm.png
#2 If you see a bloody stool, don't ignore it and hope it will go away, like I did. I started the Corid about a week too late. Lesson learned a little too late in my case. Now, I just hope the other 3 make it because, the one that died today didn't look too bad off yesterday, he just went from okay to dead overnight.

Why can't I be one of the fortunate ones that never feeds medicated and never gets Cocci??
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom