Percy! The Pekin Duck from New Zealand!

I have never heard of anyone litter training a chinchilla. A lot of the rats I foster I have litter trained, but doubt he would do it. He is sort of paper trained though. I put him in the bathroom for play time and he pees on a newspaper I put on the floor. Never goes anywhere else. But poop is different, chins poop A LOT and everywhere. It is easy to clean up though. I just sweep the floor and wipe the bathroom sink, toilet and tub area (he jumps and runs like a maniac when he is in there). Takes no time at all. I clean his cage daily, that takes me about 5-7 mins. He is worth the work and time I put into him. They are such adorable critters and so unbelievably soft.
So hard for me to imagine how many of those little things it take to make a stole or hat for someone to wear. They should just get the live animal and pet it.
Sounds like you really enjoy him, only small animal I have had beside parakeets is guinea pigs and I did enjoy them but that was a very long time ago when my children were young.

I know, disgusting.
I have three guinea pigs too. I love them! Such hysterical little beings. The shelters have so many that I just had to take as many as I reasonably could. They are such fun. Another set of easy pets. I think everyone should have two!!!!!!

I know, disgusting.
I have three guinea pigs too. I love them! Such hysterical little beings. The shelters have so many that I just had to take as many as I reasonably could. They are such fun. Another set of easy pets. I think everyone should have two!!!!!!
They are funny aren't they, I had a pair named them Jack an Jill [I don't have much imagination] but I use to let them run loose in the house some and they would just have the best time.

Our shelter only takes in cats and dogs, wonder what happens to all the other animals no one wants.
sad.png

I bet there are specific rescues for the different species. I volunteer with Mainely Rat Rescue, they only take in rats, guinea pigs, hamsters and gerbils. The local shelters do too, but in other towns farther away that don't take those species, they often end up in a rescue similar to MRR

Back
Top Bottom