Pet Sitting Rates

How much do you pay your pet sitter per visit?

• $10-$15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $20-$25

• $30-$35

• $40-$45

• $50 or more

• Total voters

PirateGirl

Chicken Lover, Duck Therapist
6 Years
Mar 11, 2017
South Park, Colorado, USA
How much do you pay your pet sitter per visit on average? I know there’s not a one size fits all answer so feel free to leave a reply with the number and types of animals you have and any random special needs or considerations. Does your sitter charge more for other random services? What do you pay extra for? Bad weather, hikes with dogs, multiple animals, the fact that you live in the middle of nowhere, watering plants, etc.?

We pay our sitter 30/day. She feeds the pigs 3x (breakfast, lunch, and 7pm snack), feeds the rabbits (8 of them) once at pig snack time, and checks water and feed for the dogs, torts and clucks when she feeds the pigs (which usually means making sure the pigs didn't flip over the auto waterer to make a mud puddle). All of that combined is about 30 min of work plus her drive time, so she's making about 30/hour for what she does for us. I would pay her more if she asked, but she feels that's fair.

If I remember correctly we pay ours about $20-$25/day. He’s a teenage boy that just loves our animals and doesn’t expect pay. He comes by twice. In the morning he lets all the animals out and feeds them and in the evening he puts them all up for the night, collects any eggs (he gets to keep them), and puts feed containers away. We have 2 goats, 4 chickens, and between 4-6 ducks when he’s here. All in all it shouldn’t take him more than 30 mins for the whole day.

I pay for her gas to get to and from her home to mine and then all the eggs she wants and a small fee on top. But she also does it as a favor mainly. I don't know if I could ever find an actual sitter for the birds I own besides her

Back
Top Bottom