PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

Myke:

the birds you got from me won't be laying eggs for a while so is not likely an egg issue

Oz, the roo has been mating her for like more than a week now. Also, her vent is wider than usual. it's a sign that she will lay soon, isn't it?

We are expecting some rain this afternoon, hopefully.

My birds got fowl pox also but they eating fine.

Myke:

the birds you got from me won't be laying eggs for a while so is not likely an egg issue

Oz, the roo has been mating her for like more than a week now. Also, her vent is wider than usual. it's a sign that she will lay soon, isn't it?

Maybe it is just semen from the roo mounting her.
I have had boys active at 12 weeks.
I would not be trying to feel the insides of such a young (or any) bird. It could introduce infection.

Thanks Oz and phage. I'll try to research more of what to do in case of vent gleet. I wash her butt today and fed her yogurt.

The good thing about her is she is eating and drinking and whatever i give to the flock, she's the first one to eat.

Last edited:
Hey Y'all'

Two bits of news. #1 - My lovely wife introduced the tradition of the "Easter Egg Hunt" to the neighborhood Sunday. I have not laughed so much in a long time. It a long time to explain to the little ones that they are to pick up the plastic eggs and put them in a bag. It was even harder to get them to give up the eggs after finding them. Once they realized they got one piso for each egg they found them it was hard to get them to stay back when the next group had their turn. There were originally 4 age groups but, that got change at the end. Because the mothers were enjoying it so much they wanted to look for eggs. After the little ones each group had a jackpot egg that was from 100 pisos to 150 pisos for the mothers. It was absolutely fantastic to see the amount of fun everyone had, especially a girl in the teen group. With the jackpot egg and the other eggs she found she had 250 pisos. She was in heaven. And everyone is asking are we going to do the egg find next year.

#2 - after fighting COPD for some time now we have finished the chicken pen except for building the nest boxes. below are some pics taken just a few days prior to the final work. I can feel the chickens getting closer.

Two of the pics are of my temporary garden. The big plants are American squash. The small plants are tomatoes that will grow tomatoes that will weigh over 1/2 kilo.

We are getting 9-10 duck eggs everyday. Hoping they will continue to give more eggs.

Good morning everyone. :)

@ozexpat Just wanted to ask if my EE pullet mate with EE roo do their offspring will lay green eggs also? or do I need to get Ameraucana rooster?

today, i put a small amount of molasses to my chooks' water. I read that this will help flush the toxins/fungus inside their bodies. I also put some antifungal cream to one of my chicken's vent to avoid fungus infection.so far, they are all doing good and do their regular routine. The hen with vent gleet has been clucking for how many days now. I hope she lays her first egg in less than a month from now. I haven't put nesting boxes as it consumes space. I plan to put a nesting box next week or the week after next.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom