Pictures of Possible APA Standard Marans Please...

moac1.JPG

I know I saw something about eye color before but I don't remember where. What is the desired eye color for Black Copper Marans?

Small reminder to all on the Marans BYC forum. Thses guidelines are all suggestions and the APA will make the final decision on what is in the APA standard. Everything has been so watered down that there will be nothing to breed to to in the proposed standard. Too many have self serving agendas when it comes to the APA Standard that has been submitted. We can only hope the Standards Committee will do what is right.

Quote:
The Standards Committee and the Club sponsering the Marans for approval will have most of the input. The proposed standard was submitted by the host Marans club for approval and will be altered some at final approval. It would of been much better if the Standard was spelled out with some of the faults so breeders would know what is good and what is not. The breed is not ready to be approved but that has nothing to do with what will happen.

After talking to the APA Standard committee I really feel the APA does have the black Coppers Marans at their best interest. MOAC submitted the changes we felt that needed to be changed but over all, APA is the one will be held responsible for getting the standards correct. I really feel that the Black Coppers need at 3 more years to get the consistency they are looking for. Consistency is the key word here.This will take 3 more years at least.

They have the changes from MOAC and if given enough times the birds will measure up to the correct standards.
Regardless of what is accepted......if they are not correct , then you will have two different standards of Black Coppers here in the USA.
MOAC members goal will be to adhere to the French Standards. Regardless if they ever win a ribbon in an APA sanctioned show.

But snowbird is right....nothing is written in stone yet. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Quote:
The only good thing about the APA final standard it will not change with the wind like the French Marans standard.

What is hurting the Marans more than anything at present is all the outcrossing with other breeds to improve the egg color. Lots of Pene blood being used. Nothing wrong with this but don't turn around and sell as full Marans to everyone that wants to buy eggs.

I hope to be improving my confirmatin and egg color with these boys. I hope to be at least. lolol I am sharing the parent stock with local dedicated breeders. And hope this will trickle out to make some bigger and healthier birds. I am trying to pay attention to tails eye color amongst the obvious stuff.

R00ppert is a week away from being 7 months ole.
Not too sure about his color being right on. But he is a definite improvement for me.

388100551.jpg

388100550.jpg

Rory is little over 4 months old, half brother to R00P

388100547.jpg

Back
Top Bottom