Please help! Chicken wound from dog :(

Any service I can do you and your lovely birds is my honor to perform. I understand your desire to keep your innocent birds from harm but one day illness or injury will come for you again. When that day comes, this will have made you stronger and better able to care for your charges. They know very well how much you care for them and if they are anything like my chickens, have dozens of ways to express their own gratitude for the hard work you put into their prosperity. That is such a great shot of Rose looking out the window. She looks alert and a lot better than just a few days ago. I am a sucker for happy endings and I think for Rose, as roughed up as she was, will make a full recovery. Don't be a stranger. We'd all like to see her again as her situation improves. Best Wishes.
Your right about illness or injury, sometimes even death. But like you said, it makes us better able to deal with these things when they happen. Rose looks happy to be going home doesnt she? What a doll.

Your right about illness or injury, sometimes even death. But like you said, it makes us better able to deal with these things when they happen. Rose looks happy to be going home doesnt she? What a doll.

She does look happy. Out does not hurt that the barred coloring she has is just gorgeous. Her comb is so will contoured and bright red. Just a great looking example of her breed.

Last edited:
She's really excited to be home!
1f604.png
Hank (our dog) was excited to see her as well. In a world surrounded by people who say "it's just a chicken" there's an entire community here ready to help for an injury. I went from sobbing hysterically thinking she was going to die to remembering this site I joined 2 years ago. I truly believe coming here made all the difference in her surviving. The doc may have done the finishing touches but without this site, I'm not sure I would have gotten her there. Sorry for the mushy post but my heart is filled with gratitude. I will definitely be prepared for the next injury should one arise thanks to you all. I will definitely posts pics of miss Rose throughout her healing process and beyond! ♡♡

In addition to this...I hope anyone in my situation, comes across this post and realizes there's hope, even for the worst wounds...that there is a chance of survival. ♡♡♡

Last edited:
She's really excited to be home!
1f604.png
Hank (our dog) was excited to see her as well. In a world surrounded by people who say "it's just a chicken" there's an entire community here ready to help for an injury. I went from sobbing hysterically thinking she was going to die to remembering this site I joined 2 years ago. I truly believe coming here made all the difference in her surviving. The doc may have done the finishing touches but without this site, I'm not sure I would have gotten her there. Sorry for the mushy post but my heart is filled with gratitude. I will definitely be prepared for the next injury should one arise thanks to you all. I will definitely posts pics of miss Rose throughout her healing process and beyond! ♡♡

In addition to this...I hope anyone in my situation, comes across this post and realizes there's hope, even for the worst wounds...that there is a chance of survival. ♡♡♡
we are so happy to be able to bring some light and hope to a terrible situation. Always here for you and Rose. Anyone who says it is "just a chicken" fails to appreciate that without these bird, we humans would starve to death within a year. These creatures give their lives so that we can have our own and we owe it to them to treat them with respect of you cannot find affection for these lovable birds. Thank you for sharing the tribulations of Rose. I am a better person for knowing you both. It is through adversity that we can be heroes or villians. You, are a hero.

Awwww! Thanks! ♡ Very true! I'm going to remember to say that the next time someone says "Tam, it's just a chicken". These girls are my heart and yard. Life would be boring without their silly personalities running around the yard. :)

Hi I have a baby chick fully feathered that I think a cat or something tried to eat. It has a sore wing. It's eating and drinking but the other hens are bothering it. Can I separate the five chick's from its mother so the injured one will be safe from the other big hens.

Hi I have a baby chick fully feathered that I think a cat or something tried to eat. It has a sore wing. It's eating and drinking but the other hens are bothering it. Can I separate the five chick's from its mother so the injured one will be safe from the other big hens.

Yes definitely separate from the others.. :) the other chicks big and small will peck her wounds. If you have a small tote, those work the best. :)

Back
Top Bottom