Please sex my silkies!

Thanks Firefighter, the last pics are of the same Partridge shared earlier, he has just gotten older. Still a youngster yet though. :)

Heres a pic of one of the buffs now older and the same age as the Partidge. Still not 100% sure about "it" yet... not even sure if its 100% silkie now as just seems to be bigger and strange plummage compared to the white and black silkie hens. It argues quite a bit too with one of the other Roos..

Last edited:
Its been a year since I shared these and can now confidently say, we have four hens and one cockerel te brown one, the buff is a hen. Hats off to those that guess right. Its worked out well as have one roo for my four hens and hope to start raising a few if they get round to it. :) The silkies seem happier sitting on the other hens eggs than thier own but have now seperated them into thier own little group of five. Happy days.

Will take a few picks of the roo soon. :)

Count the toes silkies have five and on some of mine the fifth toe looks like a spur. They all looks like girls to me. If its a roo he will start crowing soon

So what do you think? Pullet?

HELP!!!

Back
Top Bottom