Plymouth Rock thread!

Pics
Ok.. Here are a few pictures of my two BRs. They are 7 weeks. Is it possible to see whether they are male/female at this point? I'd like some opinions. Is this the typical size and color wattle and comb for males or females of this age. Or, is it just too early and I need to be more patient?

Thanks!!!

57573_img_1211.jpg

57573_img_1150.jpg

Hello all,
I have some Barred Rocks. I ordered silkies from ideal poultry and they sent 10 BRs as 'packing 'peanuts'. We didnt handle the br's much at all knowing I couldnt keep 10 boys. But they have turned out to be the friendliest, most curious, non skittish birds I have (the silkies, which we did handle all the time are still skittish and afraid)

I do believe there is 1 girl in the bunch. I recently found a home for 1 of the boys and he has his own harem of 5 BR ladies. These BR's were hatched 3/23/10.
Since I liked them so much, I got 2 more BR pullets from the feedstore, and ordered 2 more from ideal.

I was thinking about getting some White Rocks. Do they have the same docile, friendly, gentle personalities as the BR's? Is egg production as good?
I believe I read they mature/feather out quickly and ppl who dont want Cornish x problems use white rocks as meat birds. Is this the case?

Quote:
Hello, Tom! We've not chatted directly, but I have heard your name in the Plymouth Rock & Cochin breeding areas - WELCOME!! I'm so glad to have you weigh in on the Plymouth Rock thread! I know you have many years of breeding experience, and I hope you don't mind if I pick your brain with questions!

Hey, my fellow Plymouth Rock fancier friends!

I had an auction up for 19 SPPR (LF) hatching eggs, and got no takers. If anyone on this thread would like them, I'd take $15 for them to cover shipping, delivery confirmation, and packing materials! They MUST go out today - they're packaged & ready to go!!!

Back
Top Bottom