POLL: How much do you pay for a 50# bag of feed???

12.79 for a 50# bag of grower. 7.49 for a 25# bag a starter (dont sell it in 50# bags at my feed store.)

Offspring......that's about $7 and $8 here in the US.

Yesterday, I paid $13.59 for Purina Lay Crumbles and $9.99 for scratch, 50 lbs each.

9.95 for 50# of poulin layer pellets. I thought I would be nice and pick the girls up 40# of hulled sunflower. I didn't realize it was 40.00 until I got home:th

in southside VA, 50lb bag of layer pellet (not organic) is $9.95. I think it's outrageous, which is why our chickens free range for most of thier nutrition.

arwmommy,
I don't know if you ever found your feed for less, because I stopped reading after about 5 pages of this 11 page post.
Azure Standard is a co -opportunity that sends a truck down from oregon. They have organic pellets, 50 lbs, for $18. The truck stops in Paso and in San Luis. From what I gather, this may be near you. That same truck then continues down south to Pasadena, which is where I pick up. The $18 price for organic pellets is the least that I have found here in southern Calif. Well, actually there may be a few places that are comparable, but a bit of a drive.
You can find Azure Standard on line.
Gail

Last edited:
i just got some layer feed last weekend from one of the local feed production mills wauregan feeds in wauregan,ct it was $8.83 and thats w/ tax. most of the other feed stores are $10 plus for layena, which i was getting b4, but the hens seem to like the local stuff better.

I pay around $9.00 for a 50 lb bag of layer pellets. I buy oyster shell by the pound which is .50 a pound. I buy it that way b/c it takes my girls a month to go through 5 lbs so I don't want to pay more even though I'm sure it save $4 in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom