Poop board convert *warning-graphic/gross poop pictures*

Pics
Great.. bit of information..
I'm going to town tomorrow.. I have Orschlens and TSC.. looks like both have a similar product.. I plan to mix some with the sand that I already have in coop bottom.. ( more is better) as an ammendment.. to try.. The sand is already works pretty good.. however i need some thing to throw on the poo they leave on the steps.. like this am..
Once again .. I'm glad to have y'all posting all these different ideas.
thanks deb

I have just spent an unhealthy amount of time looking at chicken litter pans.
caf.gif

Time well spent. I now have a very good idea for what to do in my coop.

Thanks for the PDZ tip. Sounds wonderful. We are building our new coop this weekend. LOVE your coop!

thumbsup.gif

Good luck building your coops!!!! Post pics when your done
big_smile.png

I have added a poop board filled with PDZ and it is wonderful! Poop clumps up like kitty litter and the floor of my coop is so much cleaner. Thanks everyone for the advice!

wow i like these ideals, coop is built now i just need the roosts and nesting boxes. i dont like the ideal of deep litter
sickbyc.gif
walking on poop thats been there for half a year... hubby and i are talking about doing the PDZ poop board now that we seen how it works and looks.Ty for this thread.

I watched the YouTube video "inside tour of Daisy coop". It was great. I found another one that incorporates a lot of ideas we are planning to use - hardware cloth on outside of window opening, screening on inside (anti wasp), poop board/PDZ, poultry nipple water container, blocking eves to prevent roosting, etc. GREAT video, and it has a link to Backyard Chickens!

I watched the YouTube video "inside tour of Daisy coop". It was great. I found another one that incorporates a lot of ideas we are planning to use - hardware cloth on outside of window opening, screening on inside (anti wasp), poop board/PDZ, poultry nipple water container, blocking eves to prevent roosting, etc. GREAT video, and it has a link to Backyard Chickens!
I'm glad you liked the Daisy Coop. We actually ended up buying the plans. My father is building it for me. He is so impressed with the plans as he is going along because there is virtually no scrap wood. He has a little bucket with just a few little pieces in it. It is a well thought out design with hardly any waste. I particularly love the poop board and roosts! That's what sold me! So easy to clean.

So, how does everyone do the scoop? I was scooping out this weekend and wonder if anyone else thought it was easier to scrape everything to the front, and then sift through for solids? I was scooping in place--but this is much faster after moving from 4 to 8 hens.

So, how does everyone do the scoop? I was scooping out this weekend and wonder if anyone else thought it was easier to scrape everything to the front, and then sift through for solids? I was scooping in place--but this is much faster after moving from 4 to 8 hens.

I do something similar also. I just push everything back, scoop and then rake it forward again. So easy!

I have to say that I was very happy with the PDZ this winter. We had a few bad snowstorms which limited my access to my coop. I was able to feed and water my chickens in their run through my basement door but the coop was snowed in. I didn't scoop anything for a couple weeks
th.gif
When I finally did get in there I was surprised to see everything was still contained nicely on the poop boards and no smell
woot.gif

And I had ZERO humidity problems! Scooping the poops out on a regular basis really cuts down on the coops humidity levels
yesss.gif

This is how my coops looked almost all winter
lol.png

I timed myself this morning, after reading your post yesterday! I have 7 hens, but recently had 8 birds as well. It took me approximately 2 minutes to scoop everything in place, then smooth the PDZ back out. My hens create very solid and well formed droppings, though, so they are very easy to scoop.

Back
Top Bottom