Porters Heritage Turkeys ~ Bad Experience

BooneHillbilly

Songster
10 Years
Aug 29, 2009
West Virginia
Ordered 20 Sweetgrass Turkeys from this business on 3/8/13/ I had initial communication with them on the first day and then hurd nothing from them again. I started emailing them 6/3/13 wanting to know when my poults would be sent. I finally got tired of trying and sent an email asking for a refund. This email received an immediate response (imagine that)! This email stated that I would be hit with a 25% fee because I was cancelling the order and they were slated to ship in July. I replied stating I would take the "chicks" as it was close and I really wanted them. I also told them if they tried to steal 25% from me I would sue with no hesitation. The reply back was they were cancelling the order since I was being difficult and that they are called poults not chicks. I guess asking where your 256 bucks is is being difficult .. All in all I would advise everyone looking for turkeys to look elsewhere as this company is seriously lacking in the communication, customer service and frankly personality department. You can see from the replies they have left for their customers here that they simply do not care about you or your business. STAY AWAY!!! Read more: http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/7218/#ixzz2X9YAiOnM

He said they did not respond to any phone calls. That seems like a legit complaint to me and a good reason to desire a full refund.

I've only had great experiences with Porter's, Actually this boonehillbilly only mentioned emails. He apparently never tried calling them. I know they are only a small family operation doing the best they can.

Here's Porter's response to this guy on Dave's Garden Watchdog. This hillbilly is apparently not telling the whole story. Looks like if he would have been more patient and not threatening to them he would have gotten his sweet grass poults.
I sure wouldn't deal with anyone like this myself.

Company representative comment on June 24, 2013:
On Jun 24, 2013 4:49 PM, Porter's Rare Heritage Turkeys responded with:
We received only 1 email from this guy and that was today stating that he wanted to cancel his order. We searched our old emails and spam folders but no other emails from him. If we had received multiple earlier emails like he claimed we would have answered them.
He could have called and left a phone message as well if he didn't receive a prompt email response to make sure we got the message. Email is not always reliable.
Anyway the order was scheduled for late June the earliest with mid July as the latest ship date when the order was placed and that was stated on our site at that time.So he had at least some ball park idea of when they would ship.

It states right on our order info page as well that we have a 25% cancellation penalty if a customer cancels an order. He also agreed to our terms of business when placing the order, he did check that box.
If you don't agree to our terms of business we state not to order from us.

The money paid was refunded back and without any penalties since we decided not to deal with him since he was so rude to us, threatening to sue us if we charged him the 25% cancellation penalty that he agreed to by placing an order.
As for lacking in the communication and personality department this guy needs to take a good look in the mirror on that one.
Others can decide for themselves if we actually deserve a negative for NOT putting up with rude and threatening behavior like this.

Life's just too short.

P.S. Baby turkeys ARE called poults, not chicks.

Porters Heritage Turkeys has alwasy provided the best in Turkeys. I've had nothing but good experiences with them. They are a small operation and ALWAYS very busy, but they have always answered me when I inquire about an order. I don't have much patience either when customers get nasty, and play the 'I'll sue you game' I'd have cancelled the order too.

He said they did not respond to any phone calls. That seems like a legit complaint to me and a good reason to desire a full refund.

Actually, he said they didn't respond to any of his e-mails, which the in their response on Dave's Garden, they claim they didn't get any of them.

I just want to say I received an order last week from them and all of the poults were healthy and vigorous. I emailed porters one time to inquire when they might be shipped as I had not heard anything. They stated they normally don't email you until the poults ship. They could probably improve this policy, but, I still got a fast response, healthy poults, and I'm satisfied.

I bought mine local. I try to support my local economy. Not saying I would not mail order because
I have several times. Sometimes hatchery's have breeds my local providers don't have.

I've only had great experiences with Porter's, Actually this boonehillbilly only mentioned emails. He apparently never tried calling them. I know they are only a small family operation doing the best they can.

Here's Porter's response to this guy on Dave's Garden Watchdog. This hillbilly is apparently not telling the whole story. Looks like if he would have been more patient and not threatening to them he would have gotten his sweet grass poults.
I sure wouldn't deal with anyone like this myself.

Company representative comment on June 24, 2013:
On Jun 24, 2013 4:49 PM, Porter's Rare Heritage Turkeys responded with:
We received only 1 email from this guy and that was today stating that he wanted to cancel his order. We searched our old emails and spam folders but no other emails from him. If we had received multiple earlier emails like he claimed we would have answered them.
He could have called and left a phone message as well if he didn't receive a prompt email response to make sure we got the message. Email is not always reliable.
Anyway the order was scheduled for late June the earliest with mid July as the latest ship date when the order was placed and that was stated on our site at that time.So he had at least some ball park idea of when they would ship.

It states right on our order info page as well that we have a 25% cancellation penalty if a customer cancels an order. He also agreed to our terms of business when placing the order, he did check that box.
If you don't agree to our terms of business we state not to order from us.

The money paid was refunded back and without any penalties since we decided not to deal with him since he was so rude to us, threatening to sue us if we charged him the 25% cancellation penalty that he agreed to by placing an order.
As for lacking in the communication and personality department this guy needs to take a good look in the mirror on that one.
Others can decide for themselves if we actually deserve a negative for NOT putting up with rude and threatening behavior like this.

Life's just too short.

P.S. Baby turkeys ARE called poults, not chicks.

I can anyone help me find a way to contact Porters? This is my first time ordering and I have tried both emails listed on the website. Does anyone know how to contact them? I ordered for the first time in December and had an estimated early June delivery date. But haven't gotten any contact since as to when the turkeys will arrive. The order page and the website do not appear to have any options for contacting them by phone any more. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom