Post a Picture of Your Cross Breed

Pics
That little one up there turned into this little cutie. :) She's getting more bronze in her chest and is very sweet. If you want to take any guesses, feel free on the next ones! All bought mixed. Michonne. She's large with slate legs, muff and the shiniest, softest feathers. Tina, red with black and feathered legs. Left is my EE/silkie Chowder, Right is Panini. She's getting a couple random grey feathers on her wings. Ra, my second oldest. She's HUGE and a jerk. Horrible layer also. xD Truffles, she's extremely flighty and makes a sound like a goose.
Does Michonne happen to be named after a TV character?

We crossed a silver spangled hamburg hen with a golden phoenix roo. The result is this little guy. Just hatched early this morning 19 days in the incubator at 100.4 degree f.

Here's some of the boys I hatched out from my buff orp roo and black aussie hen. Out of the 4 that hatched I ended up with 4 boys
1f627.png
3 have a mostly purple tinted tail while one has a green tinted tail. They all have black spots on their chest except one that has a solid gold/red body.

This is my peanut, a buff orp roo and barred rock hen cross. She is a great little chicken! Very smart and loves to cuddle and be held. She usually greets me when I get home :D She lays a medium pinkish egg

I'm wondering what the results of a blue copper marans roo over barred rock hens would be. Anyone have pictures?

I had a FBCM over a cuckoo marans... Sorta similar. I only got Roos, but they were grey with slight barring, and a few goldish brown feathers in their neck shoulders and wings.
Really beautiful and desired by all of my neighbors!

Last edited:
I'm wondering what the results of a blue copper marans roo over barred rock hens would be. Anyone have pictures?

They would be black and blue sex links. About half black, half blue on average. males will have a white spot on the head at hatch, indicating barring. Females will have a solid dark head. these will be easy to see on the black chicks, not so easy to see on the blue chicks. I tried a blue sex link project for two years and kept getting ambiguous birds. but the blue females are very pretty when they grow out. so are the barred males, but they don't get to live near as long around here.

Depending on the amount of copper your rooster has, the offspring will also mature with copper markings.

Here is a day old chick. Black langshan rooster over splash cochin.

And the second photo is of some Langshan rooster x barred rock. They are 4 weeks old. It looks like the males have a little barring and females are black. The ones with the barring had yellow spots on the top of their heads when they were day olds.

Attachments

• langshanxcochin.jpg
    langshanxcochin.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 27
  • chicks3.jpg
    chicks3.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 27
Here is a day old chick. Black langshan rooster over splash cochin.

And the second photo is of some Langshan rooster x barred rock. They are 4 weeks old. It looks like the males have a little barring and females are black. The ones with the barring had yellow spots on the top of their heads when they were day olds.

The Langshan x barred Rock is a sex linked cross. All the ones with the white head spots are cockerels and solid black ones are pullets.

The Langshan x barred Rock is a sex linked cross. All the ones with the white head spots are cockerels and solid black ones are pullets
I checked the cross in the chicken calculator before we hatched them and saw that it was sex linked. I don't know why I'm surprised that it worked. :) One of the black chicks is a full langshan, so I'm not sure yet whether it's male or female. I'm suspecting that it's male. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom