Post a Picture of Your Cross Breed

Pics
Do you mean you have BCM X white leghorn, or BCM X white leghorn mixed? Will wait for photos.
Their father was a BCM. The mother was half California Grey and possibly half BR.
Does that make sense? so the chicks are half BCM, one fourth California Grey (a Leghorn cross), and one fourth mystery (possibly a Barred Rock).

Here are some more of my cross breeds. The rooster was a French Black Copper Marans, and the hen is a California Grey crossed with a Barred Rock, we think.

The triplets:

Here's the mom. The dad is my avatar.

I'm surprised that they only have a few black feathers!!!

oh what a fun thread
I crossed my frizzled cochin girl with my bb phoenix

her feathers are much curlier this week...I'll get more pics and post....she's already sold!! she's so pretty

I've read a lot of positive things about cross bred chickens vs. pure bred chickens. I have a flock consisting of 6 EE's 3 Buff Orpingtons and 9 Barred Rocks. I have 2 EE roos, 1 Buff roo, and at least 3 Bared Rock roos. My question is which rooster should I keep to cover all of these different breeds of hens??? I was thinking I wanted to keep one of the barred rock roos because they are so pretty but I need some advice or opinions on crossing with these varieties. Pictures of crosses, personal experience etc are appreciated!!

In your case I would choose the best of the Bar rock roos. the most pure bred chickens you appear to have are Bar rocks too so this way you would have some pure eggs too to build your flock, trade or sell.

what breed of bird is this

I am brand new to the back yard chicken club...but I have to say these birds are some of the most beautiful I have seen. Makes me wish I could keep a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom