Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Yes, old orchard farms. Are they any good?

I am sorry, I haven't had any dealings with them, I can't help you there.

Were they supposed to be mottled? It very well may be that one of them might be mottled. I am going off of my week old babies right now, and they are very similar, if not identical. However I have never raised a mottled. Maybe someone else could chime in?

Still unsure of the sex of this Buff Orp chick at almost 5 weeks....leaning heavily toward male
hmm.png

Love the demeanor of this chick!
(cross posted from Buff orp thread)
wink.png

Wow, I really under estimated Daisy. She is a excellent broody compared to Bella's mother, she's doing terrible!

Still unsure of the sex of this Buff Orp chick at almost 5 weeks....leaning heavily toward male
hmm.png

Love the demeanor of this chick!
(cross posted from Buff orp thread)
wink.png

This chick is a tough one. I'm glad to see that Junior is throwing that lovely front though, and a nice comb. Junior's mom is on my avatar, and his dad is Monty.

Last edited:
cbnovick

I can see why you are stumped. Those legs and body say cockerel, lack of wattles and no comb says pullet. Those nostril flares sure say cockerel. It is so adorable it will be cute no matter the sex. Nice color and front on that chick.

So far as lines, if a person got their starting birds from Joe Blow, that doesn't mean to me that it's Joe Blow's line unless I get the actual birds from that person. Once bred, the chicks are from the person I got them from. Often I've read how easy it is to mess up a line, that the trick is to keep that line good or improve it. Mine are from someone that got birds from more than one source to start, therefore I don't say they're from any other breeder but the one I got them from. In other words, the one that took those sometimes celebrated lines and combined them to get really great results.

Name dropping can be deadly. It can give breeders a black eye if you use their name in association with birds that might not really be up to that breeder's standards.

Back
Top Bottom