Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

[COLOR=333333]The winter rye grass and clover are up enough for the buffs to munch in this paddock today. The babies sure enjoyed it, as did the older girls, including the Brat and the Pest in front.[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]I alternate paddocks all winter so the Buffs always have greens to enjoy.[/COLOR]
Beautiful, and very lucky birds!

Very rare Spangle/Mottle Orpington Hen
Owned by Autumn Farm Orpingtons

Beautiful..

I think she'd produce wonderful 1/2 American 1/2 English babies because she's already so thick and not too leggy.

Is his tail odd???

It is very different..
Hi, I have a serious question, I have a blue orp around 5 months old now I at first was 100% positive was a boy but looks like a girl now.. also it is near what I am sure is a boy years old and was trying to crow after him.. sounded more like something dying.. have not heard it since.. When I get a pic up could someone help me please? Also I have a 100% sure lav roo month younger and 4 100% lav girls with this blue which is way aggressive which is why I'm concerned for my lil lav roos safety! Again about a monthh apart in age but blue is huge!
we need pictures..

Quote: very lucky..

Quote: I have tried to plant it a few times. I think I need to till part of the land to try it again. This year I tried more oregano and collards. They don't seem to like collards as much as I thought they would. I also think I planted to much white clover and it is taking over a bit much. I need to find a happy medium of things that they love and last all year till the snow.

I have tried to plant it a few times. I think I need to till part of the land to try it again. This year I tried more oregano and collards. They don't seem to like collards as much as I thought they would. I also think I planted to much white clover and it is taking over a bit much. I need to find a happy medium of things that they love and last all year till the snow.
Leave your white clover alone, and top seed with Wheat and Oats. The clover is putting nitrogen into the soil for other grasses.

I have tried to plant it a few times. I think I need to till part of the land to try it again. This year I tried more oregano and collards. They don't seem to like collards as much as I thought they would. I also think I planted to much white clover and it is taking over a bit much. I need to find a happy medium of things that they love and last all year till the snow.

Every winter where we live the annual rye grass grows on it's own; the chickens simply love it. The only draw back is, they turn to straw during the summer.
Leave your white clover alone, and top seed with Wheat and Oats. The clover is putting nitrogen into the soil for other grasses.

I will try the wheat and oats this year, and hopefully they will grow. I am wondering if I should plant cloves as well.

Henrietta at almost 18 weeks....still developing but she will be making an early 'debut' at the APA sanctioned Tucson, AZ poultry show on November 23rd.
She must be thinking "Look at me!" to her Grandmother, the Dragonlady
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom