Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

know what's sad. I will have to buy a hair dryer to show my chickens. I don't own one, don't use one. But for the chickens!?!

Quote:
My wife's croaked last fall right before the Ohio Nationals, and bought one from Walmart for under $10. Still am using it.

what do you prefer to wash with?

Quote:
My wife's croaked last fall right before the Ohio Nationals, and bought one from Walmart for under $10. Still am using it.

I was told by Doug Akers how to bathe. He said get 3 twenty gallon tubs. First tub put in 1/4 cup of regular ole TIDE detergent. 2nd tub put in 2 glugs of distilled White Vinegar. 3rd tub just striat water to rinse off the Vinegar. IF you towel dry em for a bit and blow dry em for a bit and just let them take care of the rest. Birds like these it is good to wash them no sooner then 4 to 5 days before the show. This will allow them to preen themselves and return the oil to their feathers. You can also get some Glycerin and mix it in with some water into a spray bottle to litely mist that on to add some oil to bring out the sheen. But, Doug said he no longer does that since he could never see the difference in results of when he used it compared to when he didn't.
Good luck!!

Quote:

I was told by Doug Akers how to bathe. He said get 3 twenty gallon tubs. First tub put in 1/4 cup of regular ole TIDE detergent. 2nd tub put in 2 glugs of distilled White Vinegar. 3rd tub just striat water to rinse off the Vinegar. IF you towel dry em for a bit and blow dry em for a bit and just let them take care of the rest. Birds like these it is good to wash them no sooner then 4 to 5 days before the show. This will allow them to preen themselves and return the oil to their feathers. You can also get some Glycerin and mix it in with some water into a spray bottle to litely mist that on to add some oil to bring out the sheen. But, Doug said he no longer does that since he could never see the difference in results of when he used it compared to when he didn't.
Good luck!!

Must write all that down. Next month is my first venture into showing.

Quote:
Good luck!!

Must write all that down. Next month is my first venture into showing.

This time of year you usually do not see many of the better breeder's best birds. Most of them are in breeding pens and are in rougher condition. That is why I only am showing my boys.

I took some pictures today!
big_smile.png

Most of these are of Neville, my Splash Orpington boy. I love him, he's a very sweet cockerel.

IMG_4461.jpg

IMG_4482.jpg

He's a WIDE boy!
IMG_4450.jpg

I love this one.
love.gif
It reminds me of the Gothic American portrait.
lol.png

IMG_4472-1.jpg

IMG_4473.jpg

IMG_4469.jpg

Someone kept getting in the way while I was trying to take pictures of Neville. Jealous maybe?
IMG_4447.jpg

This is how we ensure fertility here!
wink.png

IMG_4442.jpg

Back
Top Bottom