post your chicken coop pictures here!

It's called the Brite Tap waterer and comes in a combo package with the red 2-gallon Rubbermaid jug and I got the Brite Tap red Sun Covers also.  I got 3 jugs and put them around the yard.  Water stays cool on hot days and we add ice cubes to the jugs.  Don't have to clean the jugs for several days up to 2 weeks before cleaning.  Mark at chickenwaterers.com helped me transition the chickens from using open bowl water to using the nipple valve waterer Brite Tap.  I think Cackle Hatchery sells them and a couple other places too. But I went directly to the distributor of the Brite Tap who were helpful with all my questions and immediately backed up their product when one of the Brite Tap wasn't right.
http://www.chickenwaterer.com/Chicken-Poultry-Waterer-s/1817.htm

Thank you so much!!!

Last edited:
I started with 4 bantams including a rooster and let them breed and brood naturally. Got 4 in the first batch, one mean hen killed 2, separated them til they were bigger then started adding some large breeds. Had to let the little rooster go so the 3 roosters didnt kill him (you know what they say about bantam roosters?)

Anyway, made a lot of mistakes, finally figured it out and now have 18 chickens and 4 turkeys, total of 10 breeds plus the turkeys and now my run is very colorful :) im just hoping they will all learn to use the coop for roosting and laying. When im sure the chicks are safe from attack from the older hens ill remove the brood pens during some dry weather and force them to use the coop.

Its raining hard today so will take a forced vacation day, get to move my motherinlaw to her new independant appartment (with some trepadation) tomorrow (She has been with us 13 years) and then i can finish the run end with sheet metal and take a breather. To think 5 years ago my wife asked me if she could have a bird.......who knew?

I only have 8 chickens right now, originally 9 (8 paid, 1 free), but just yesterday my mom flat out said we could get a couple more chicks. Don't know if she knew what she said but I think she meant it. I was about to rush out and get some yesterday but today I'm sadly using logic :( Need to finish the coop first. But then I don't know if I'll get some more this year or use logic again and wait till next year lol

Yes who knew I was told no more than 3 and now I have 15 chickens and 1 turkey hen and I have a hen setting on turkey eggs I thought wouldn't be fertile being away from the tom for a month and so now we are going to be having turkey baby's she has four eggs and ey are all forming and should be hatching soon

I started with 4 bantams including a rooster and let them breed and brood naturally. Got 4 in the first batch, one mean hen killed 2, separated them til they were bigger then started adding some large breeds. Had to let the little rooster go so the 3 roosters didnt kill him (you know what they say about bantam roosters?)

Anyway, made a lot of mistakes, finally figured it out and now have 18 chickens and 4 turkeys, total of 10 breeds plus the turkeys and now my run is very colorful :) im just hoping they will all learn to use the coop for roosting and laying. When im sure the chicks are safe from attack from the older hens ill remove the brood pens during some dry weather and force them to use the coop.

Its raining hard today so will take a forced vacation day, get to move my motherinlaw to her new independant appartment (with some trepadation) tomorrow (She has been with us 13 years) and then i can finish the run end with sheet metal and take a breather. To think 5 years ago my wife asked me if she could have a bird.......who knew?

With your MIL moving to her own place there will be more room in the house to raise more chicks!
hide.gif

I only have 8 chickens right now, originally 9 (8 paid, 1 free), but just yesterday my mom flat out said we could get a couple more chicks. Don't know if she knew what she said but I think she meant it. I was about to rush out and get some yesterday but today I'm sadly using logic
sad.png
Need to finish the coop first.
But then I don't know if I'll get some more this year or use logic again and wait till next year lol

yesss.gif

Good move Kelsey. You will get eggs from these girls this year, don't know about the coming winter since they were fall chicks, they might moult, they might not. If they don't, they will probably lay next winter. Get more chicks next spring for eggs the following winter when your current chicks likely won't lay.

How much outdoor space do you need per chicken? I've hashed out my plans for an Aframe coop to be about 6'x4' of usable space, just need to hash out how much run I need (for about 4 chickens... or so)

Back
Top Bottom