Post your Duck names!

Pics
My Rouen cross is named Lizzie!

I don't know why I named her Lizzie, but I guess I just liked the name!

Lizzie is the sweetest duck in the world! She was raised in the house, so she's super tame!

We just got ducks for the first time this year, so we started out with Glen, and Lyen.. Then two weeks later we got three more named them Hewey, Dewey and Lewey.. My brother decided he wanted two so last week we got three more (I couldnt resist getting another one) and he named his Donald and Daffy, and the last one is named Daisy
I figure even if they are hens or drakes they won't care About their names. Lol not very creative I know...

The name of my female duck is Gabby and my drake's name is Emerald.

From ducklings in March 2013 .........

To getting bigger quickly mid-march........

My female duck gets her name mid-April 2013. It is Gabby because she always has something to quack about.

To almost full grown May 2013

Mid May 2013 to this June, today actually my drake finally received his name....Emerald because the top of his head is a beautiful shiny green.

If my lone remaining egg somehow makes it, I'm probably gonna name it Miracle.

...Originally I was gonna call it Wobbuffet.

I have 2 anconas. Don't no the sexes yet. The kids call them quackers and Mr.White. and the mystery duck is Afro. Idk what kind it is and can't find a pic of a similar one online any where. But he's of a crested breed hence the name afro. Lol

We are slowly naming our brood, even though we don't know genders they are 11 days old. So far we have"

Pepper and Pickle (Jumbo Pekins)
Pumpkin, Cocoa and Nibs (Black Indian Runners)
Blueberry and Blackberry (Cayugas)
Waddle, Wiggle and Daddy's Guy (because this one LOVES my husband, so our kids keep calling it Daddy's Guy) These are Fawn and White Runners
Donald, Daisy and Quackers (Buff) These two are only 5 days old.

We love them so much :)

I was going to wait and post pics with names, but there's so many, I don't want to photo overload hehe, so, ours are:
Swedey (mystery hen, identical to Black Swedish, but tiny like a mallard, and is definitely not a call.. Swedey is a play on Swedish and sweetie, because she was the friendliest as a baby, not now by any means..)
Molly Mallard and Milly Mallard (obviously, Mallard sisters. Flightiest ducks I've ever seen. Can't say we'll ever go for Mallards again.)
Daffy (I'm not that unoriginal, she just looked identical to "the" Daffy as a baby ((I have a couple threads on her if you want proof LOL.)) We spent the first couple months of her life calling her him because she is uber strange and has a dark head like a drake and a raspy quack, yet is apparently a girl..)
Rebecca Puddleduck (gorgeous, bossy Silver Appleyard girl. Sadly, her "sister" Jemima Puddleuck, a buff, passed away.)
Puddle (a tiny Khaki Campbell. Always been a weakling..we're hoping she lives a long, happy life..)
Goliath (a solid black possible runner cross drake who was the biggest in the brooder)
Pants (A mystery hen. Sold to us as a runner, but is definitely not. Sister of Goliath. She MAY be a black Swedish cross..? "Pants" because, well.. pants:
)
And then there's a black magpie and blue magpie who, poor things, don't have names yet at 3 months old. I'll remedy that soon.

We also had these, who have since found a new home or departed to duckie heaven (besides Jemima who I mentioned above):
Squirt (itty-bitty Mallard drake who sadly never thrived and passed away recently)
Moby Duck (Mallard)
Blue (Mallard - blue was the legband color to tell him apart hehe)
Stretch (penciled runner passed away recently)
Twinkletoes (white runner, my absolute favorite. The SWEETEST duck you'd ever meet. She was a "mystery death" just a couple days ago and let me tell you, I've cried as hard for her as I've done for close family members' passing. She was "the" special one; I'll never find another like her.)

Sorry for the novel with each one.
ZtSYR.gif
Kudos if you read all that.

I have three, three week old magpies names sheldon, charlotte, and oddie (like the dog from garfield). Oddie started out as O.D. For odd duck....cause he has the strangest personality lol

Back
Top Bottom