Post your Duck names!

Pics

Dot (gray one with black dot) and Penelope.
If anyone has any idea what kind of duck Dot is let me know:)

@yanakaye
Do you have any younger pics of them? I'm asking because I have a duckling that I believe to be a white Campbell. It looks similar, but it's beak is not that long yet. Did you hatch them yourself. If so, what breed and color were the parents?
Yes, if you look on my profile, there are some younger pictures of them, no i bought them from a breeder at 9 days old, i am not sure what their parents looked like. Sometimes white campbells and pekins can look similar as ducklings as the pekin has a shorter beak.

these are the youngest photos i have of them :)

We used to have 3 ducks: Inky, Dinky, and Dew. It was just a joke that stuck because it was fun to say. Unfortunately, we ended up with two drakes (Inky and Dew) who, after 3 years of bliss, decided to try to kill each other. We kept Dew because Inky was so aggressive. This is a picture of Dinky with her new family of yet to be named ducklings.

Okay, I know this isn't a duck, but this is our tom: Schmitty. If you yell his name he will gobble.
(That sounds kinda dirty, but I didn't mean it to be.)

And this is our hen, Zelda. Also not a duck. However, before we
acquired Schmitty she THOUGHT she was a duck for about a week
and wouldn't leave them alone. Now she thinks she's a dog. Or a human.

Yes, if you look on my profile, there are some younger pictures of them, no i bought them from a breeder at 9 days old, i am not sure what their parents looked like. Sometimes white campbells and pekins can look similar as ducklings as the pekin has a shorter beak. these are the youngest photos i have of them :)
The top pic looks identical to my white Campbell duckling. The mom is a cream khaki and dad is a mallard. Guess I got lucky ending up with one white Campbell. So excited to see how it feathers out. I know mine isn't a Peking, because all I have are 3 females mallards , khaki female and a male mallard.

I have thought about keeping a little notebook to jot down names I like from other sources. I belong to a couple of groups regarding dogs on facebook and I have to say, I have come across some fun names! There are all sorts of pet name generators online, but I haven't had much luck with those.

I had a friend who had a turtle named Little Sexy. I always thought that was funny AND I still remember the name 20 years later! Sometimes coming up with long, outrageous names and then giving them a nickname is fun, too. I have a dog named Maynard T. Tinklebottoms. The T stands for Thelonious (the orangutan from Babe 2). But we just call him Maynard.

Our 2 Pekins are named - Tuna and Queso…….to explain….Our dog's name is Macaroni (Roni) for short.
So we decided we would have
Macaroni and "Cheese" (Queso - because our dog knows the word cheese and gets very excited when we say it.
and Tuna Mac.

we just these guys and the yellow one which will be all white is sugar, the brown and yellow is spice and the black and yellow is pepper .( we were going to get another and is was going to be salt but they only had 3)

Back
Top Bottom