Post your exotic/domestic duck aviary/pool pics

Kansaskid, the pond sizes are all different but I say an average is about 6' x 14' with each pen having at least two ponds most have three I will try to get some more pics loaded up in the next few days

Thanks!

I would really like to have a bigger pond and some divers but i just don't have the resources to keep clean water in it (as clean as duck water can be) or water in it at all for that matter.
During the winter i think i would be ok pumping water in it but in the summer between it and my pool i think i would have a dry cistern. Maybe one day i will though.....maybe
roll.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Do you have any pictures of brood houses? I am looking for ideas... We have a concrete slab we usd to play basketball on 24x24 and I think that is where we are going to building the brood house and we need wet brooders

Actually, I haven't made one yet either. So far when raising ducks I use the metal stock tanks to begin in one of our sheds then from there i just put them in make shift pens here and there. but that is gonna have to change seeing as i don't think it will be easy to chase down and capture a stray ornamental duckling compared to the domestic ones if they get out. (yesterday i spooked my ringed teal drake and he can sickle, as far as ducks go. So i can only imagine what the ducklings will do.
lol.png
)

Today i went and bought some new 4x4's that were 10' long to replace the ones holding up my net so i can put them in concrete in the ground. and that means i know have 4 4x4's, some 12ft 2x4s, and some left over wire that can be turned into a brooder pen.

Last edited:
I will try to post some in the next few days been kind of busy here trying to get ready for winter we are supposed to get a bunch of snow here on turkey day. We dry brood everything even the ruddys not saying right or wrong just how we do it. Our brooder house is 12 X 20 with brooders on each side the bottoms are two 18 inch wire closet shelves the kind at the home improvement store on this is half inch plastic hardware cloth we found the plastic is easier on there feet than metal. The sides are 18 inches high and made from a pvc product i forget the name of it can find it if interested, each brooder is 3' x 3'. They all have automatic waters and feeders. The floor under the brooders are sloped to drain and with everything being pvc they can be sprayed out daily. Just gives a general idea will get some pics.

Quote:
Thanks! Any ideas would be great! We are going to start ours the first of the year I think.. The plan is to have the Brood House done by April and then by May the Catch pen for the birds we will be selling.... We just can't decide where to put it and my dad is secretly hoping one of our old horses will.. you know... so we can put the brood house where we have a double stall now. If not it is going where the old baskball court is which is my choice since the concrete is already poured and could just be powerwashed off!

We have 10 Dry brooders and two of them and easliy be divided to make 2 brooders.. It is just the wet brooders we need to build. It is all about finding what works!

I've heard to I am going to be sick of seeing ducklings by then end of next breeding season! I sure hope so

Quote:
Here are a few more pics of some of our pens
PB240074.jpg

PB240076.jpg

PB240077.jpg

PB240089.jpg

PB240092.jpg

PB240088.jpg

PB240072.jpg

PB240086.jpg

PB240078.jpg

Thought I would quit with that I took one or two in each pen, sorry about the water spots was kind of raining when I took them mostly breeder pens with one young bird pen.

Back
Top Bottom