Post Your First Egg of 2016!!!

Any luck?

Gerald Barker

Have you been counting the days?
tongue.png
Well the first five are looking clear, so I will leave them for a few more days to be sure. We have been observing the matings so there are going to be more eggs coming on-line soon. I just set four more eggs yesterday.
fl.gif

Have you been counting the days?  :p  Well the first five are looking clear, so I will leave them for a few more days to be sure.  We have been observing the matings so there are going to be more eggs coming on-line soon.  I just set four more eggs yesterday.  :fl

Well of course Im counting the days. Your info is always worth waiting for, mine are still in the scrimmage phase hoping for something anyday especially the greens. Thanks for the update.

Gerald Barker

It is still in the teens at night here in PA, going to hit 50 today, but yesterday's high was 35. My males are displaying, but there is no mating going on yet. We will probably have another 4-6 weeks before we see an egg. :(

???????????????

Sorry for the short reply, I hate pecking on my phone when I am away from home.

One bird laying when the temps are below freezing cause a lot of problems. You have to go out after dark in the cold to get the egg before it freezes. Then you are running an incubator for just a few eggs, then if you do get a chick or two to hatch you are running heat for a lonely bird or two, etc, etc.

Infertile. If it was fertile it would have the white spot and a white ring around it. It will be really bold. Being in an incubator for 7 days it should have started to develop an embryo which would be small and pink.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom