Post Your Game Cam Pics Here!!!

Rather the bird feeder than you
1f633.png
1f648.png

From two different game cameras. First the one that points to the driveway. Seems nothing really passed by over the past three days but my cat and my oldest rooster.
Then, the newer one that points to the pasture. Can't tell if this is a gray or red fox, too blurred because he/she was running. Any gut feeling about that?

From two different game cameras. First the one that points to the driveway. Seems nothing really passed by over the past three days but my cat and my oldest rooster.
Then, the newer one that points to the pasture. Can't tell if this is a gray or red fox, too blurred because he/she was running. Any gut feeling about that?

Boy, it's hard to say. Grey foxes are smaller than red foxes.

I'm going with grey.

My guess would be a Red Fox because a Red Fox tends to be longer and leaner than a Gray Fox. Another thing I noticed in the picture are the legs and a Red Fox usually has darker color on the legs which I see in the picture. Just my guess.

Last edited:
My guess would be a Red Fox because a Red Fox tends to be longer and leaner than a Gray Fox. Another thing I noticed in the picture are the legs and a Red Fox usually has darker color on the legs which I see in the picture. Just my guess.

I've seen both here and I know the main difference, or the easiest to spot, is black tail tip for gray vs white tail tip for red. Anyway, this is twice I've caught it on the camera at the fence. I'm betting he/she is smelling the chicken feathers in the poopy shavings we've been tossing on the pasture to enrich the soil (logged not that long ago, stumps pulled).

Here I have only seen Red Fox. A few years ago one dug under one of the gates to one of the pens. I have since put concrete under all of the gates. It killed several birds and dragged them out and would go in for another kill. I relocated it. I did get it on video.

Back
Top Bottom