Post Your Game Cam Pics Here!!!

Pics
these are just test videos i have been doing.

NOT GAME

sorry, i can't get it to come up. it just goes to p-bucket and not to the video.....

ETA:: let me try this:

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e32/Chickenmonk_photos/?action=view&current=PICT0002.mp4

i guess i got it now: without the cam i wouldn't have known about this girl sleeping habits!

this is at night of course. i am very pleased with the video quality at this point.

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e32/Chickenmonk_photos/?action=view&current=PICT0002-1.mp4

i will post more test videos

ALL ARE FROM A MOULTRIE GAME SPY D-55 IR TRAIL CAMERA

Last edited:
Nice pics!!!

Thanks! Sometimes I can get really close to it my closest was when it killed one of my hens and I got 2 feet away from it
ep.gif

Yes I was told by this "Bobcat Rehab" site that they were afraid of people.... this one is tame and I can get close to it. It has the bob tail, big paws, big body (the size of my Aussie dog about) and the pointy ears and muffs. We've tried shooting at it when it randomly walks out into the field and thinks nobody will notice this big brown bob in this green field. It runs behind a bush and comes right back out and doesn't remember the incident
th.gif

beautiful shot of that cat JerseyGiantfolk! Where are you located? Urban or Rural? It looks like a young cat from the shot, but hard to tell for sure. It is very possible that someone caught it as a cub and tried to raise it as a pet, and when it didn't work out (never does, they always end up with us at 6-8 months of age, severely imprinted on people), they simply let the cat go. Then again, in urban areas, bobcats have become desensitized to human activity.

I live in a rural area, but after reading your post I remembered that I live right next to a rocky state park, with a beach. But several months ago I saw a Bobcat kit (or cub) jump in front of the path. So i think around this time they are dispersing from the family to live on their own, I don't really want to kill it but I just want to exclude it. I really can't, wire fences no animals can stick their heads through with barbed on top so its like a 8 foot fence. It manged to jump up over 6 feet and through the barbed wire, I saw it all. It sits on the posts so we put up spikes on top so it won't stress out the hens. Hopefully it will figure out wild birds are its main food other than easy chickens in cages.
smile.png

But then again, there's a flock of 28 quail and it must of had a treaty with them because it will just wander next to the quail and they don't care, and it doesn't care... do they like quail?

they love them Squirrels are their favorite though. If it is a young cat, he may be feeling his oats, and want to go after something bigger (or didn't notice them, which would support him being captive raised). They don't leave their mothers till 9-12 months of age, and she teaches them that smaller prey equals less effort. Can you electrify your fence (even for a short period of time)? These guys are very smart, and have VERY long memories. One good zap, and he won't forget.

They also have rather large territories in rural settings, and tend to roam throughout their territory, rotating time spent in each area.

Hmm I'll think about a electric fence, we have a 10 yr old cat and she likes to climb fences, but I don't want to like kill her if she jumps up there because of her short fur, or maybe she should just stay in since shes just so old, but so active.

Anyways yes, it was about 9 months ago when I saw the baby, this guy comes out anytime of the day, early morning, morning, afternoon, evening, night. And sometimes he/she vanishes from the area for like 4 weeks then comes back. Do you know why it does this?
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom