Post Your Game Cam Pics Here!!!

Pics
sounds like you have a cat with a smaller territory (indicates a female or a somewhat young male OR a male with an average territory that he must cycle through very rapidly due to lack of prey or water), so a shorter travel cycle. They have one main den, and up to 12 "sub dens" that they rotate throughout their territory. Male territories do not overlap, but females who have smaller territories overlap (genetic diversity). Bobcats are opportunistic, and appear when their prey is most prevalent, therefore, can and will be seen any time of day or night. They are not diurnal, nocturnal, or crepuscular, but rather a blending of all three. You may notice that you see him at different times of the day on a seasonal basis, depending on what kind of prey is currently most readily available and it's habits.

Ok, that explains a lot! My uncle sometimes comes up to his vacant house with a porch and a nice spot for bobcats to hide. I've seen it on the fence post in his yard, in the same area we found a dead Varied Thrush, full body, my sister is a birder and thought that was weird because they live in forests inland but we don't around there. We suppose the bobcat could have dropped it while it came back from the forest when it saw my uncle. I haven't seen it since, which was like December 21, when we found the Thrush.

My new Moultrie M-80 just got delivered early
wee.gif
!!! Now I just need to wait for the memory card to get here, & I can set it up. I knew it was a mini cam but it looks like a toy lol. I can not wait to start using it!!! Yet again
wee.gif

Hmm I'll think about a electric fence, we have a 10 yr old cat and she likes to climb fences, but I don't want to like kill her if she jumps up there because of her short fur, or maybe she should just stay in since shes just so old, but so active.

Anyways yes, it was about 9 months ago when I saw the baby, this guy comes out anytime of the day, early morning, morning, afternoon, evening, night. And sometimes he/she vanishes from the area for like 4 weeks then comes back. Do you know why it does this?
hu.gif

Just to set your mind at rest, an electric fence won't actually kill anything, it is a pulse. It only FEELS like it.
roll.png
My old lady cat got zapped last summer, and when she finally appeared again she was no worse for the wear. Now she does not use my garden for her litter box.

Actually...pulsing electric fences CAN kill. Sadly, we've found great big black snakes and even an endangered adult great horned owl dead on the fence; it got it's wing caught and couldn't get loose.

I had Great Horned Owls around my house a TON a in like 2010 but none in 2011 or 2012 at all... There would be babies in the tree, and my sister would go to Cornell Lab of Ornithology to get Great horned sounds and they looked at us, and we heard like 7 other ones in the back round. I wonder what happened
hu.gif

Wow I had never thought something could not get loose. I have been knocked flat by them, but never stuck.

I recently lost one of my free range laying hens on the electric fence. I think she was trying to squeeze through the welded wire fence next to the hot wire when she contacted the electric fence.

I guess if they can't get away it would kill them. Mine is around the run, so when they free range it is off. They didn't seem to notice
the one around my garden.
I have heard of people using straight electric current, which would kill just about anything. I have found mine to be very very effective
with no casualties.
So Sorry for your loss.

My card is missing. I have been checking it in the mornings, one very fat coon and a pretty good looking fox so far oh and lots of deer.
I am 99% sure I popped it back in on my way to work yesterday and it is MIA now. I have checked my coat pockets, my car seat. etc.
I MUST have dropped it because I just can't imagine anyone around here taking a card and leaving the camera.
None of my pics are worthy of posting.

Back
Top Bottom