Post Your Game Cam Pics Here!!!

Pics
I think it is a really big Barred Owl. I am actually listening to them now.

I guess I can't call him Hedwig can I?

Yes it is a Barred. Having handled one I can tell you they look bigger than they actually are--most of what you see is feathers. In fact, I was surprised at how small the body actually is compared to, say, a chicken that looks about the same size. For that reason I suspect they wouldn't be a threat to standard-size, adult chickens.

Yes it is a Barred. Having handled one I can tell you they look bigger than they actually are--most of what you see is feathers. In fact, I was surprised at how small the body actually is compared to, say, a chicken that looks about the same size. For that reason I suspect they wouldn't be a threat to standard-size, adult chickens.
All fluff and no bite?
big_smile.png
I am glad I have them around. And that my girls have a covered run. Just in case one feels a snack attack coming on when they are around the girls.
I think owls are soo awesome.

My BIL looked at his game cam pics from our pasture this weekend and theres a shot of does fighting I wish I could put on here. The same agressive doe is in several days of photos, staring everyone down with her ears back.

Caught these wonderful creatures on my game cam a little over a year ago. They are some rare specimens.
I was reviewing my card from the camera and I was like who the heck is that and my daughter says that looks like James.
Then I see his father Dave( on crutches,fell out of a tree stand)who I have hunted with but he never called me to say he dragged one out. But he actually shot it up the street behind his house. I called him 3 days after the fact,he hears my voice,starts laughing and says I've been waiting for you call. He didn't even give me a steak. The best part a little buck came out 45 minutes later right where they were standing.

Back
Top Bottom