Purebred Great Pyrenees Puppies $300 Texas-Raised with Poultry

Cathlina

In the Brooder
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Texas Transplant
Hi,
I have 4 puppies for sale. 2 Males 2 Females. 3 of the puppies are solid white and 1 has grey ears. The grey will fade away. The mother is registered and the father was not.
They are 6 weeks old and just had their first shots. They have been raised with Poultry and Goats.
For those of you that know me heard of my complaints about losing my birds to predators but since having the LGD's (Livestock Guardian Dogs) for 3 years I hardly ever lose anything. The Hawks and Owls take their toll but even then my dogs do their best to case the hawks off when they see them.
I can drive a small distance and meet someone. I would take Guinea Keets or Turkey Poults in exchange for a puppy.
I couldn't get a picture to load so I have put a link to some pictures. http://backyardchickens.yuku.com/topic/11493/master/1/

Last edited:
uggh..wish it weren't so dang far! I NEED one of these dogs desperately!!
sad.png
Good luck selling them! One that's been around chickens too can be pretty valuable!!

Stacy

I need one too but Im too far away.
sad.png

I finally broke down and rehomed my chicken-killing dog, and now I have eggs being stolen by crows, and neighborhood dogs just drooling at the fence trying to get in to my yard...
hmm.png

Super-cute puppies!
I tell my two Welsh corgis, Siegmund and Sieglinde, every day that if they don't clean up their act I'm going to trade them both for a REAL dog with a tail.
Wanna trade?

They are just adorable!!! I have enuf trouble keeping my short haired dogs clean though. Can't imagine one of those after they have been in the pond!!!!!!!!!!!

Its very hot here, and the one we had was in and out of the creek so much that he was always wet and smelled like an old wet mop. But he was such a sweetie, the best dog we ever had temperment-wise. Every time we let him out of the house, he had to make his mandatory rounds, making the entire circuit around the yard barking, announcing to the world that he was on the job, then he would come back to his perch on the porch and lay down where he could watch everything.

Last edited:
I love Corgi's but between the coyotes and the bobcat lurking around they might get snatched right up.
So true about their water loving ways. I have been tempted to shave them but then they would loose their "Pyrenees'ness" LOL I don't let them in the house one is as big as a small pony. Between the pond and the horses stock tank they pretty much stay wet.
But they really do love the winter. They look so cool when the ground is covered in snow and they just blend right in.

frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom