Questions about Muscovy ducks !

Haha we dont have gators, I do know that! And heavens no, I didn't mean take them down there now. They are at our primary residence now. I just meant that eventually that we would like to move them to the pond. I am just not sure about if they will fly off or not.

They do fly well I clip mines one wing since we have a mt river down below our home. But if eventually you plan on leaving them there to fend for themselves I wouldn't clip wings that will really make them a target. What about snapping turtles. They can really injure and also eat ducks/ducklings.

No snapping turtles. The pond was man made and is not too big just has some bass and catfish in it, along with perch and minnows which I am hoping the ducks will eat. The pond seems a bit full these days. I would say that the pond is about 100 feet long by 60 feet wide. They run cattle right to the north of us so there is a bit of traffic out there. The snakes seem to be a little worse this year but that is most likely due to all the rain we have been getting. The main predators we have are coyotes, bobcats, hawks and foxes. We want to build a roost up off the ground for them and we also have a few good sized trees for them to roost in as well. I do not want to clip their wings and that is why I did not order them clipped. But I am worried that they will fly away if they are not constantly fed.

No snapping turtles. The pond was man made and is not too big just has some bass and catfish in it, along with perch and minnows which I am hoping the ducks will eat. The pond seems a bit full these days. I would say that the pond is about 100 feet long by 60 feet wide. They run cattle right to the north of us so there is a bit of traffic out there. The snakes seem to be a little worse this year but that is most likely due to all the rain we have been getting. The main predators we have are coyotes, bobcats, hawks and foxes. We want to build a roost up off the ground for them and we also have a few good sized trees for them to roost in as well. I do not want to clip their wings and that is why I did not order them clipped. But I am worried that they will fly away if they are not constantly fed.
As long as there is a steady flow of food for them water weeds and fish and frogs etc they should stay around .I would be worried sick if they were mine and I left them to fend for themselves. They get accustomed to us feeding and caring for them they may not be like the wild feral Muscovy's who have not had anyone to take care of them.

Ok! They will have tons to eat! A good variety of food will be available. And with the raised roost hopefully they will be able to get away from most predators.

Can anyone tell .e if this looks lije angel wing or if its just the flight feathers coming in.

I have a question!! I'm new to Moscovy ducklings. I have a 4 week old that isn't growing as fast as the others and she wheezes a lot. I've given them electrolytes and niacin. Anything else I should be doing?
Thanks for your help!

Ok i just aquirred this cutie. Its 1 or 2 days old still has egg tooth. My friend gave it to me they found iy in a ditch. No siblings or parents. We assume its a muscovy cuz there r lots of them in this area. What do u guys think?

Aw, my favorite duckings to raise are muscovys. They've been the calmest to handle- great dispositions. Biggest indicator for me is the feet- their nails are usually more prominent then other breeds. Can't really see those from the pictures.

Back
Top Bottom