Questions about Muscovy ducks !

Ok i get little foot pics

I have a question!! I'm new to Moscovy ducklings. I have a 4 week old that isn't growing as fast as the others and she wheezes a lot. I've given them electrolytes and niacin. Anything else I should be doing?
Thanks for your help!
Muscovy females are very different in size than males even at a young age- could it be the growth you're seeing from the others is because they're males and just overall larger in size? Muscovys tend to eat everything- so be mindful of their bedding when considering the breathing and respiratory concerns. Dusty bedding or small woodchips could give them trouble. Make sure they're getting good ventilation wherever they're kept. Probiotic packets are a good idea too to boost health.

Hello, any information you can give me about Muscovy ducks would be great. In March we purchased 4 Muscovy ducklings. There were 2 male and 2 female. They started pairing off and mating at 4 months old. We lost the smaller female because she was egg bound. Her mate is often off by himself and does mate with our single female. She is showing signs of overbreeding like missing feathers on the back of her neck. I do separate the males at night and let the ducks out in the morning to free range during the day. Where can I find a female or two in my Beaver County, PA area? The vet is keeping an eye out for anyone wanting to sell female ducks. I am new to this site and have found a lot of helpful information here. Any help would be great. Thanks

Hi-
I just got a pair of muscovies, and I was wondering if I can breed black to brown which is what they are.
Thanks, Jeremy

I have a young Muscovy duck which I'm a bit concern with. He's about 14 to 15 weeks old, I've had him since he was a few days old. I have fed him starter feed and I have now switched him to flock raisers. He walks kind of wanly but has been getting better since I switched food. Now I'm concerned with his coloring, his beak seems a bit pale to me, I was wondering if he might be anemic. I am attaching a couple of pictures for you to see and give me your opinion. I also think I should add that I live in a residential area and he does not have much room to run around. Any suggestions will be appreciated, thank you!
[/IMG]

I have a young Muscovy duck which I'm a bit concern with. He's about 14 to 15 weeks old, I've had him since he was a few days old. I have fed him starter feed and I have now switched him to flock raisers. He walks kind of wanly but has been getting better since I switched food. Now I'm concerned with his coloring, his beak seems a bit pale to me, I was wondering if he might be anemic. I am attaching a couple of pictures for you to see and give me your opinion. I also think I should add that I live in a residential area and he does not have much room to run around. Any suggestions will be appreciated, thank you!
[/URL]
@umcanes123 Welcome to BYC... And very pretty barred scovy duckling you have.

Please explain what kind of out side they have. It doesn't have to be huge unless your keeping alot of ducks and they are crowded then you can run the risk of illness. Back yards can work for most. But beware scovy's fly and fly well so at some point you'll need to clip a wing to keep them home living in a residential area means they may take off and land in a neighbors back yard that has dogs. Not good.

Can you get a better pic of your scovy's whole face/ If feeding flock raiser your probably okay with feed but you might want to add some poultry vitamins since they grow so fast and it's hard for their legs to keep up with it and can appear weak at times. as for the bill color not sure some of mine have lighter bills than others. So full face pic would help. Eye look clear and bright.

Miss Lydia thank you for responding so quickly. I have a pretty nice size area for him however, I cannot release him unsupervised because the fence I have is not secure enough and I had a horrible incident where my dogs got into the area when I wasn't home and I was fostering 4 babies and the dogs unfortunately injured all four. I took them to the vet but 2 did not make it and the other 2 I realeased near a lake that I have in the neighborhood once they got old enough. I'm planning on putting up a new fence at the end of the month but until then I don't want to take the risk of letting him loose without supervision. I try to let him loose as much as I can when I'm at home.

Back
Top Bottom