Rats, rats EVERYWHERE! ☹️

Pics
The Rats in the coop my coop is only about 15x15 i have 7 hens and a rooster while i was building the coop i covered the floor with Rabbit wire and then covered it with a good layer of sand and dirt the chickens can scrach and not get into the wire but they are only in the coop at night and to eat and drink during during the day so they dont dig much they have a fenced in run thats about 20 x 30 for day time i do put food and water out in the yard during the day and back inside at night. Nothing has come up into my coop and the door closed at night keeps things out. Dont know if this helps but it seams to work. Ps i did go up the walls about 12 inchs with the wire and that what i filled the floor to with the sand and dirt.

Yes, I was hoodwinked into thinking I had real eggs. However, none of them hatched.

The real question here is what kind of lowlife would send sweet innocent me dux egg?

They must be evil and should be karate jabbed 253 times.
animated_1607266500230.gif

Me dunnow.

Goodnature A24
Google it. I bought one 3 years ago...works fantastic! It resets itself and dogs cats and chickens are completely safe around it. I had an infestation as well, not as bad as yours but, the rats would actually run out to me along with the birds when I fed them (I tossed feed twice daily in hope's to NOT feed the rats😒) traps were a pain as I have an outdoor cat to protect and could only set them at night to protect the chickens. The A24 trap resets immediately after a kill and I just check throughout the day to dispose of the bodies. Expensive but worth every penny. You spend more on feed and traps anyway. God forbid they get in your house, you will go insane and therapy is REALLY expensive!!!

Not rat related but I managed to catch all but 7 or 8 guineas. I finally am able to free range my chickens. :D Now I must decide... Do I release the guineas or get rid of them. :gig

Okay going to make the stupidest suggestion you've ever heard and I KNOW that this animal can kill chickens too, but is there any way to get a mink? They are supposed to be amazing rat killer because they can follow them down into their holes. Again lol I know it sounds stupid but...

Back
Top Bottom