Rhode island? Ocean state, anyone else out there?

thedoors5to1

Songster
10 Years
Jun 12, 2009
anyone else out there from rhode island?
frow.gif

ive noticed theres a new england thread, but not one for the smallest state in the U.S., the ocean state.
woot.gif

Quote: Funny isn't it? My neighbor's dog, and the dog that live 2 blocks away or more can bark, sometimes non-stop for an hour and yet that is "normal" noise in a residential area. Annoying yes, but people consider it "normal" background noise. I personally prefer a rooster's crow than the neighbor's dog barking. But we all pay the taxman and need to be considerate of those around us. Gotsta move to the country and live a simpler life! But I digress...
th.gif

Thanks for the info!

Hi everyone...I haven't been on here in a while. I'm from Little Compton, RI and we have 5 hens...1 RIR (Rosy), 1 Red Star (Milly), 1 Easter Egger (Yolko), 1 Buff Orpington (Coral) and a Black Copper Marans (Jade). We had a gold laced wyandotte named Amelia as well but she turned out to be a he...was re-named Lennon and was eventually re-homed ;) I want more chickens! Haha

I'm in attleboro ma. which is right above pawtucket and providence. Most people consider us rhode islanders.

And we do all that RI stuff, like go to dell's Iggy's, newport cliff walk, ect.

Last edited:
Hey, I just joined and I'm from Providence, RI! I want to know...
Is it legal to keep chickens in providence? And if I can't find out here, where should I look?

Hi, from Coventry. I've got the following:
-2 RIRs (Ruth and Roxy)
-2 Plymouth Barred Rocks (Penelope and Peggy)
-2 Golden Comets (Cinammon and Candy)
-2 White Leghorns (Lucy and Luna)

They are all two weeks old. Just finished the coop last weekend.

Hi. I live in Providence and have 4 chickens in a small coop in our back yard. We live on the East Side so not your typical place to find chickens! I have 2 Polish hens (although I am starting to suspect one is male), 1 Cochin female and 1 Rhode Island Red female.

welcome to RI! Barrington is a great community for raising children. i grew up there and i'm o.k
thumbsup.gif
. my mother lives on the Sowams rd side of town and she has coyotes, hawks and every once in a while a bald eagle will pass overhead. I've yet to see the eagle but i'm very excited about it!
celebrate.gif
good luck with your chickens and i suggest you go to the Washington County Fair
D.gif
. we have gone for years and we always have a great time. i love the 4-h shows and one day i will enter the sheep sheering contest!
yippiechickie.gif
for now i have a hard time going and not leaving with a pet!
bun.gif

Welcome! The Washington County Fair!
Owned and operated by the volunteers of the Washington County Pomona Grange, the Washington County Fair, a non-profit organization, has been a great New England tradition for the past 48 years! The Fair is Rhode Island's largest agricultural event. One of the biggest draws to the Fair is today's Country Music Stars!
The Fair runs for five days (Wednesday - Sunday), taking place August 13 - 17, 2014. Admission includes access to all daily concerts, special acts and events, the giant midway and kiddy land area (all ride tickets and games separate), all agricultural events and shows, exhibits and displays, tractor and horse pulls, the farm museum, and much, much more!

The Fair features the Main Stage pine grove where you can relax and enjoy some of music's hottest acts. The Midway is full of the rides you look forward too every year, as well as some new additions! Also, for the second year, the Midway will feature New England's largest traveling roller coaster!

http://washingtoncountyfair-ri.com/

Hello neighbors I'm new on BYC
frow.gif
and proud to call lil Rhody my home!!! Glad to see other peeps from R.I.
thumbsup.gif
Washington county fair grounds is practically in my back yard. When is the lil Rhody Show, I have never heard of it. Here's a lil about myself
I have a mixed flock of 11 hens and 1 roo. I got them from Clark Farm in CT on May 17th. They will be 23 weeks old this Saturday.
Tuesday I was surprised with my 1st egg and have found 1 a day since. Today my Husband went out to the coop and was lucky enough to see the Hen laying the egg and got a great pic! I have wanted to raise chickens for a long time but i had no idea it would be so much fun....I'm am totally addicted and love to watch their crazy antics in the run and when they are free ranging in my yard.
here's a few pics and I look forward to meeting RI's chicken lovers
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom