Rhode island? Ocean state, anyone else out there?

Hi I'm from Scituate RI

Hello fellow Rhodys! I was wondering if anyone from Coventry,RI here? Anyone from Coventry have roosters? Heard there's none allowed but I hear one and I have one! Unfortunately he is being rehomed tomorrow. Just curious as to how people keep roosters in Coventry without complaints. Wish I could keep him. Suburbs suck.
Thanks!

Town zoning laws say they must be housed at least 300' from the property line , but the town ordinances also prohibit any loud or nuisance animals. That all being said, if two people complain it doesn't matter how far you have them housed away from your neighbors.

Thanks Ron for the quick reply. 300' sounds a bit extreme. Some people live on a postage stamp here in Coventry. Yikes! My neighbors say it doesn't bother them but it's in the middle of winter and their windows are closed. Oh well. Thanks.

Hello fellow Rhodys! I was wondering if anyone from Coventry,RI here? Anyone from Coventry have roosters? Heard there's none allowed but I hear one and I have one! Unfortunately he is being rehomed tomorrow. Just curious as to how people keep roosters in Coventry without complaints. Wish I could keep him. Suburbs suck.
Thanks!
From what I have seen in Coventry they are allowed as long as its not a complaint - Chapter 97-6 explains it in the Town Code. So like noted above - depends on neighbors - hens would be fine but sometimes Roos can be heard pretty far away. Here is the code: http://ecode360.com/6646337

Quote: Funny isn't it? My neighbor's dog, and the dog that live 2 blocks away or more can bark, sometimes non-stop for an hour and yet that is "normal" noise in a residential area. Annoying yes, but people consider it "normal" background noise. I personally prefer a rooster's crow than the neighbor's dog barking. But we all pay the taxman and need to be considerate of those around us. Gotsta move to the country and live a simpler life! But I digress...
th.gif

Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom