Rooster Strut 2014

This is Spud. He is the one and only rooste rand has a quiet crow so we can't hear him in the mornings! He is the king even though half the size of my hens...
Wouldn't have a clue what breed he is as he is adopted(shhh...don't tell him)
1f602.png

This is Sir Lancelot. Our only rooster. He is my "buddy" follows me all around the coop to keep an eye on me. He just started crowing two days ago. Sounds a bit odd right now, but he's doing his best......lol

Ooo...purty boys!
love.gif
Mine aren't so much pretty as they are just run of the mill. But they have great rooster traits....for the most part. The younger ones still exhibit teenage actions now and again. Stealing food from the hens etc....

None of the new cockerels get to escape processing though. Even though seem seem to be even tempered....we have 5 good roosters now.

As far as the night time crowing goes.....if neither of us turns any lights on in the house after dark.....then they don't say anything.

This is Rodney my 2 year old frizzle that I got at a farm sale. He was a small black fuzz ball when I first got him now he's so orange

My Dominique roo just got the crow down packed

Last edited:
I am seeing a few more Rooster threads here on the site. I have learned lots about roosters since I started keeping the good ones. Also, I have learned...the mean ones...taste good.
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom